Names Of Sheng Ma
How Is Sheng Ma Categorized?
Our Database Has 12 TCM Herbs In The Herbs That Release The Exterior Wind Heat Category
How Is Sheng Ma Used Clinically?
Sheng Ma Usages and Indications
- Releases the exterior, vents muscles - accelerates the early stages of skin rashes, headache from wind-heat (forehead - stomach channel).
- Clears heat, relieves toxicity - toxins in the upper or superficial areas, swelling, painful, sore gums, lips, and/or throat.
- Raises yang, lifts spleen qi sinking (strong than Ge Gen) - for middle qi deficiency leading to shortness of breath, fatigue, prolapse of stomach, uterus, or rectum.
- Serves to guide other herbs upwards.
Cautions and Contraindications
- Avoid in cases of yin-deficient heat, upper-excesses and lower deficiencies.
- Avoid with fully erupted measles.
- Avoid in patients with breathing difficulties.
How Is Sheng Ma Prepared?
Dosage and Preparation Notes For Sheng Ma
- Dosage: 1.5-9g
- Use honey-roasted version for collapsed conditions.
Conditions Potentially Related With Sheng Ma
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Herbal Medicine
- Polygonum Multiflorum (He Shou Wu) Shows Beneficial Effect on Alzheimers Disease
- Ye Gu Herb (Aeginetia Indica) Found To Have Anti-Cancer Benefits in Kidney/Renal Cancer Disease
- Three Widely Used Formulas for Cardiac Fibrosis Compared (Study)
- Chinese Herb, Sweetflag Rhizome, Found Protective Against Alzheimer's and Neurodegeneration
- Yi Guan Jian Herbal Formula May Aid Liver Damage
- Widely Used Chinese Herbal Medicine Formula for IBS and Crohn's - Mechanisms Explored (Study)
- Study Finds Wu Mei Wan Herbal Formula Protects Pancreatic Beta Cells in Diabetes
- Chinese Herb Da Ji - Thistle - Found To Have Strong Beneficial Effects in Type I Diabetes
- Understanding How Chai Hu Shu Gan Wan Help With Depression in Epilepsy Patients (Study)
- TCM Herbal Formula Zeng Ye Tang Found Useful Against Primary Sjogren's Syndrome
Notes From Our Clinicians For Sheng Ma
Formulas Which Generally Contain Sheng Ma
Our database contains 5 TCM Formulas where Sheng Ma is generally used
- Xin Yi Qing Fei Wan -Magnolia Flower Drink To Clear The Lungs (Release the Exterior)
- Xin Yi Wan -Magnolia Flower Powder (Release the Exterior)
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about sheng ma? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Question on the Liver Meridian
- Yin Channel - Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Cure for dyslexia
- Question regarding pancreas weak
- Unexplained multiple miscarriages
- An Shen Bu Xin formulas
- Common Acupressure Points for Self-Treatment - discussion (2019-08-25 08:29:15am)q
- What can I do for retina detachment? Please help!
- Coconut water warming or cooling?
- Chronic UTI's in elderly women.
Follow, Join, and Participate
Get Our App
Join Our Email List (3-5 email updates/yr)
All Content Copyright © 1999-2019 Yin Yang House Inc