Names Of Dang Gui Wan
Dang Gui Wan TCM Herbal Formula
- English Name: Tangkuei Powder
- Pinyin Name: Dang Gui Wan
- Alternate Names: Dang Gui Tang, Fu Fang Dang Gui Wan, Angelica Sinensis Decoction, Essence of Angelica Sinensis to Nourish Blood, Tangkuei Formula
- Chinese Character: 當歸湯
How Is Dang Gui Wan Categorized?
There Are 37 Formulas In Our Tonify Category
How Is Dang Gui Wan Used Clinically?
Dang Gui Wan Usages and Indications
- For recovery of qi and blood after acute trauma or accident, similar in usage to ba zhen wan.
- A range of menstrual issues when they arise from qi and blood deficiency - amenorrhea, menorrhagia, irregular cycles - also related fertility issues.
- For pregnancy with the right diagnostic factors for habitual miscarriage, unstable pregnancy - as well as aiding with difficult labor and post-partum deficiencies such as weakness, anemia, and/or insufficient lactation.
- Weakness and deficiencies from qi and blood deficiency generally - strong fatigue, orthostatic hypotension, anemia, floaters.
- Any of the above issues may arise from malnutrition and/or eating disorder issues for which this formula may be supportive.
- Vertigo/dizziness, possibly with anxiety and/or palpitations from blood deficiency.
Conditions and Patterns Potentially Related With Dang Gui Wan
Dang Gui Wan Related Conditions and Patterns
Amenorrhea (Absence of Menstruation)AnemiaAnorexia NervosaAnxietyDizziness (Vertigo)InfertilityInsufficient LactationIrregular MenstruationMenorrhagia (Heavy Menstrual Bleeding)Restless Legs Syndrome (RLS)Uterine Bleeding
Liver Blood DeficiencySpleen Qi Deficiency
Dang Gui Wan @ Our Yin Yang House Store
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Dang Gui Wan Is Discussed
- Double Blind Study Finds Dang Gui Wan Effective For Menopausal Symptoms (Hot Flashes, Nightsweats)
Blog Posts Concerning Herbal Medicine
- Successful Long Term Treatment of HIV/AIDS with Only Chinese Herbal Medicine
- Study Finds Xiao Yao Wan Useful for Indigestion With Depression in Perimenopausal Women
- Study Finds Yin Qiao Helpful and Safe for Children To Drop Fever
- The Biochemistry Of How Moxibustion Aids Post-Infectious Irritable Bowel Syndrome (PI-IBS)
- TCM Formula Gan Mai Da Zao Wan Found Effective for "Several" Mental Health Issues
- Study Finds Wu Mei Wan Herbal Formula Protects Pancreatic Beta Cells in Diabetes
- Leonurine (Chinese Motherwort) May Be Helpful For Stroke Recovery
- Your Own Saliva Better For Wound Healing Than Yunnan Baiyao Alone
- Study Explores Beneficial Effects of Popular Chinese Herbal Formula on Diabetic Retinopathy
Notes From Our Clinicians For Dang Gui Wan
Staff Clinical Notes
- This formula may be used during pregnancy with the right underlying diagnostic factors if there are concerns regarding the mothers ability to carry to term especially if there is a history of miscarriage.
Dang Gui Wan Has 5Ingredients
Chinese Angelica Root
Appears in the Herbs That Tonify Blood category
- Tonifies the blood, regulates menses - pallid, ashen complexion, tinnitus, blurred vision, palpitations, irregular menses, amenorrhea, dysmenorrhea.
- Invigorates/harmonizes the blood, disperses cold - important herb to stop pain due to blood stasis - abdominal pain, trauma, carbuncles due to blood stasis, chronic bi.
- Moistens dry intestines due to blood deficiency.
- Reduces swellings, expels pus, generates flesh - sores.
White Peony Root
Appears in the Herbs That Tonify Blood category
- Nourishes the blood and regulates menstrual problems due to blood deficiency (pale, lusterless complexion and nails) - menstrual dysfunction, vaginal discharge, uterine bleeding - very common herb for gynecological disorders (Si Wu Tang).
- Calms liver yang, alleviates pain from constrained liver qi or disharmony between the liver and the spleen due to liver yang rising - cramping and spasms (limbs and abdomen), abdominal pain from dysentery, headache and dizziness.
- Preserves yin, adjusts ying and wei levels - vaginal discharge and spermatorrhea, exterior wind-cold from deficiency with continuous sweating, spontaneous sweating, night sweats.
This formula has cautions, see details
Szechuan Lovage Root
Appears in the Herbs That Invigorate Blood category
- Invigorate blood, promote movement of Qi - any blood stasis pattern, important for gynecological issues (amenorrhea, dysmenorrhea, difficult labor, lochioschesis).
- Expels wind and alleviates pain - headache (temporal, vertex), dizziness, painful obstructions, skin issues.
- Headache - moves qi upward and alleviates pain; headaches due to wind, heat, cold, blood deficiency.
Baical Skullcap Root, Scutellaria
Appears in the Herbs That Clear Heat and Dry Dampness category
- Clears heat, drains fire, especially from the upper warmer - heat patterns with fever, irritability, thirst, cough, thick, yellow sputum, hot sores and swellings.
- Clears heat, dries dampness - damp-heat in the stomach or intestines, diarrhea, dysentery; damp warm-febrile disease with fever, stifling sensation in the chest, thirst with no desire to drink; damp-heat in the lower jiao - lin syndrome; damp-heat jaundice.
- Clears heat, stops bleeding - vomiting and/or coughing of blood, nosebleed, blood in the stool.
- Clears heat, calms the fetus - restless fetus due to heat.
- Sedates liver yang rising - headache, irritability, red eyes, bitter taste, flushed face.
Atractylodes (White) Rhizome
Appears in the Herbs That Tonify Qi category
- Tonifies the spleen, augments qi, dries dampness - diarrhea, fatigue, lack of appetite, vomiting, edema.
- Stabilizes the exterior and stops sweating - spontaneous sweating due to qi deficiency.
- Calms the fetus - arising from spleen deficiency.
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about dang gui wan? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Acupressure for eye strain question
- Tongue Diagonosis
- energy for the Source points
- Upper abdominal pain
- How to understand yin and yang
- Tongue -teeth mark on tounge
- Pain in stomach
- Acupuncture Point Formula for treating Costochondritis
- What is zhu li da tan wan used for?
- how can know which organ is effected in Insomnia