Names Of Er Chen Wan
Er Chen Wan TCM Herbal Formula
- English Name: Two Aged Herbs
- Pinyin Name: Er Chen Wan
- Alternate Names: Er Chen Tang, Er Chen Wan, Two Cured Decoction, Two Aged Ingredients Pills, Citrus and Pinellia Combination
- Chinese Character: 二陈丸
How Is Er Chen Wan Categorized?
There Are 9 Formulas In Our Treat Phlegm Category
How Is Er Chen Wan Used Clinically?
Er Chen Wan Usages and Indications
- The primary base formula to resolve phlegm damp, particularly in the lungs and GI system - cough (with white mucus), plugged ears, sinus blockage - along with GI symptoms of nausea, vomiting.
- Upper respiratory tract infections, bronchitis, emphysema, COPD - when arising from phlegm damp.
- Phlegm accumulation in the head symptoms such as dizziness, insomnia, meniere's disease, alcohol hangover.
- Cysts from phlegm accumulation - fibroids, breast cyst, ovarian cyst, thryoid cysts, goiter.
Cautions and Contraindications
- Avoid in patients with yin deficiency - i.e. cough from dryness.
Conditions and Patterns Potentially Related With Er Chen Wan
Er Chen Wan Related Conditions and Patterns
AsthmaBreast CancerBronchitisCommon ColdCoughDigestive IssuesDizziness (Vertigo)EmphysemaFibroidsGoiterHangoverMeniere's DiseaseNauseaOvarian CancerSinus InfectionThyroiditisVomiting
Lung Dampness - Phlegm ColdSpleen Invasion - Cold DampStomach Dampness
Er Chen Wan @ Our Yin Yang House Store
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Er Chen Wan Is Discussed
- Chinese Medicine Lifestyle And Herbal Approaches To The Coronavirus
Blog Posts Concerning Herbal Medicine
- Parkinson's Disease Yields To Basic Moxibustion Treatment (Study)
- Scorpions, Centipedes, and Hornets Nests: Chinese Herbal Medicine History
- Study Finds Xiao Yao Wan Useful for Indigestion With Depression in Perimenopausal Women
- Zuo Jin Wan Chinese Herbal Formula Found Helpful in Gastric (Stomach) Cancer
- Yue Ju Wan Herbal Formula Shows Rapid Antidepressant Effect (Study)
- Three Widely Used Formulas for Cardiac Fibrosis Compared (Study)
- Your Own Saliva Better For Wound Healing Than Yunnan Baiyao Alone
- TCM Formula Gan Mai Da Zao Wan Found Effective for "Several" Mental Health Issues
- Effects of You Gui Wan and Zuo Gui Wan Herbal Formulas on Encephalomyelitis
Notes From Our Clinicians For Er Chen Wan
Staff Clinical Notes
- Not intended for long-term use, may cause dry mouth and/or thirst while taking.
Er Chen Wan Has 4Ingredients
Appears in the Herbs That Transform Phlegm Cold category
- Dries dampness, transforms cold-phlegm, descends rebellious qi - cough with copious sputum especially due to dampness of spleen.
- Harmonizes stomach, stops vomiting due to lingering phlegm-dampness in the stomach.
- Dissipates nodules, reduces distension - phlegm in chest or neck or anywhere in the body, focal distention in the chest.
This formula has cautions, see details
Poria, China Root
Appears in the Herbs That Drain Dampness category
- Promotes urination, drains dampness, transforms phlegm - urinary difficulty, diarrhea, edema, headache, dizziness, greasy tongue coat.
- Strengthens the spleen, harmonizes the middle jiao - diarrhea, loss of appetite.
- Quiets the heart and calms the spirit - palpitations, insomnia, forgetfulness.
This formula has cautions, see details
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about er chen wan? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Trapped wind and bloating
- Neuropathy blend
- Chinese Medicine Lifestyle And Herbal Approaches To The Coronavirus - discussion (2020-03-26 03:26:29am)
- CTEPH-Chronic clots causing pulmonary hypertension
- Compromised immune system
- Purulent tooth root
- Iron Deficiency or Iron Overload
- Chronic Vaginal Discharge
- About Spleen 4 for cold feet and Yang
- Introduction to the Tong Ren Therapy - Energy Healing Method - discussion (2020-03-16 08:41:04am)