Names Of Er Chen Wan
Er Chen Wan TCM Herbal Formula
- English Name: Two Aged Herbs
- Pinyin Name: Er Chen Wan
- Alternate Names: Er Chen Tang, Er Chen Wan, Two Cured Decoction, Two Aged Ingredients Pills, Citrus and Pinellia Combination
- Chinese Character: 二陈丸
How Is Er Chen Wan Categorized?
There Are 8 Formulas In Our Treat Phlegm Category
How Is Er Chen Wan Used Clinically?
Er Chen Wan Usages and Indications
- The primary base formula to resolve phlegm damp, particularly in the lungs and GI system - cough (with white mucus), plugged ears, sinus blockage - along with GI symptoms of nausea, vomiting.
- Upper respiratory tract infections, bronchitis, emphysema, COPD - when arising from phlegm damp.
- Phlegm accumulation in the head symptoms such as dizziness, insomnia, meniere's disease, alcohol hangover.
- Cysts from phlegm accumulation - fibroids, breast cyst, ovarian cyst, thryoid cysts, goiter.
Cautions and Contraindications
- Avoid in patients with yin deficiency - i.e. cough from dryness.
Conditions and Patterns Potentially Related With Er Chen Wan
Er Chen Wan Related Conditions and Patterns
AsthmaBreast CancerBronchitisCommon ColdCoughDigestive IssuesDizziness (Vertigo)EmphysemaFibroidsGoiterHangoverMeniere's DiseaseNauseaOvarian CancerSinus InfectionThyroiditisVomiting
Lung Dampness - Phlegm ColdSpleen Invasion - Cold DampStomach Dampness
Er Chen Wan @ Our Yin Yang House Store
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Herbal Medicine
- Yunnan Baiyao Herbal Formula Found Helpful for Colitis / Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Commonly Used Chinese Herbal Medicine for Lupus - Lab Analysis
- Qing Dai Herb Found To Counter GI Problems from NSAID Use
- Research - Benefits of Jiang Tang Wan Herbal Formula for Diabetes with Exercise & Meta-analysis
- Bu Zhong Yi Qi Wan - Why It Helps With Chemo Related Fatigue? (Study)
- Study Finds Xiao Yao Wan Useful for Indigestion With Depression in Perimenopausal Women
- Musical Gongs and Xiao Yao Wan Herbs May Help Liver Qi Stagnation and Spleen Qi Deficiency
- Double Blind Study Finds Dang Gui Wan Effective For Menopausal Symptoms (Hot Flashes, Nightsweats)
- Polygonum Multiflorum (He Shou Wu) Shows Beneficial Effect on Alzheimers Disease
- Multiple Myeloma Maintained with Chinese Herbal Medicine Treatment Alone (Case Study)
Notes From Our Clinicians For Er Chen Wan
Staff Clinical Notes
- Not intended for long-term use, may cause dry mouth and/or thirst while taking.
Er Chen Wan Has 4Ingredients
Appears in the Herbs That Transform Phlegm Cold category
- Dries dampness, transforms cold-phlegm, descends rebellious qi - cough with copious sputum especially due to dampness of spleen.
- Harmonizes stomach, stops vomiting due to lingering phlegm-dampness in the stomach.
- Dissipates nodules, reduces distension - phlegm in chest or neck or anywhere in the body, focal distention in the chest.
This formula has cautions, see details
Poria, China Root
Appears in the Herbs That Drain Dampness category
- Promotes urination, drains dampness, transforms phlegm - urinary difficulty, diarrhea, edema, headache, dizziness, greasy tongue coat.
- Strengthens the spleen, harmonizes the middle jiao - diarrhea, loss of appetite.
- Quiets the heart and calms the spirit - palpitations, insomnia, forgetfulness.
This formula has cautions, see details
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about er chen wan? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Question regarding acupuncture for emergency
- Iron constipation
- Neuro Muscular Distrophy"
- What are the points for infected boils please?
- Polyps (nasal) treatment with herbs
- Heavily rhinitis problem
- Xiao Yao san and Gui pi tan taken together with antidepressants and anxiolitic drugs
- CHAPPED LIPS, chronic
- She Xiang used?
- Auto immune disease