Names Of Er Chen Wan
Er Chen Wan TCM Herbal Formula
- English Name: Two Aged Herbs
- Pinyin Name: Er Chen Wan
- Alternate Names: Er Chen Tang, Er Chen Wan, Two Cured Decoction, Two Aged Ingredients Pills, Citrus and Pinellia Combination
- Chinese Character: 二陈丸
How Is Er Chen Wan Categorized?
There Are 8 Formulas In Our Treat Phlegm Category
How Is Er Chen Wan Used Clinically?
Er Chen Wan Usages and Indications
- The primary base formula to resolve phlegm damp, particularly in the lungs and GI system - cough (with white mucus), plugged ears, sinus blockage - along with GI symptoms of nausea, vomiting.
- Upper respiratory tract infections, bronchitis, emphysema, COPD - when arising from phlegm damp.
- Phlegm accumulation in the head symptoms such as dizziness, insomnia, meniere's disease, alcohol hangover.
- Cysts from phlegm accumulation - fibroids, breast cyst, ovarian cyst, thryoid cysts, goiter.
Cautions and Contraindications
- Avoid in patients with yin deficiency - i.e. cough from dryness.
Conditions and Patterns Potentially Related With Er Chen Wan
Er Chen Wan Related Conditions and Patterns
AsthmaBreast CancerBronchitisCommon ColdCoughDigestive IssuesDizziness (Vertigo)EmphysemaFibroidsGoiterHangoverMeniere's DiseaseNauseaOvarian CancerSinus InfectionThyroiditisVomiting
Lung Dampness - Phlegm ColdSpleen Invasion - Cold DampStomach Dampness
Er Chen Wan @ Our Yin Yang House Store
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Herbal Medicine
- Chinese Herb Da Ji - Thistle - Found To Have Strong Beneficial Effects in Type I Diabetes
- Commonly Used Chinese Herbal Medicine for Lupus - Lab Analysis
- Analysis of TCM Herbal Formula Xian Fang Huo Ming Yin for Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Rhinitis Study Finds Yu Ping Feng Wan with Western Treatment Far Superior to Western Treatment Alone
- Widely Used Chinese Herbal Medicine Formula for IBS and Crohn's - Mechanisms Explored (Study)
- Successful Long Term Treatment of HIV/AIDS with Only Chinese Herbal Medicine
- Musical Gongs and Xiao Yao Wan Herbs May Help Liver Qi Stagnation and Spleen Qi Deficiency
- You Gui Wan Herbal Formula May Offer Alternative to Hormone Replacement Therapy After Oophorectomy
- Study Finds Shu Gan Liang Xue Herbal Formula Has Breast Cancer Anti Tumor Effect
- Chinese Herbal Medicines - Teas vs. Prepared Pills/Granules - Researchers Say No Clinical Differences
Notes From Our Clinicians For Er Chen Wan
Staff Clinical Notes
- Not intended for long-term use, may cause dry mouth and/or thirst while taking.
Er Chen Wan Has 4Ingredients
Appears in the Herbs That Transform Phlegm Cold category
- Dries dampness, transforms cold-phlegm, descends rebellious qi - cough with copious sputum especially due to dampness of spleen.
- Harmonizes stomach, stops vomiting due to lingering phlegm-dampness in the stomach.
- Dissipates nodules, reduces distension - phlegm in chest or neck or anywhere in the body, focal distention in the chest.
This formula has cautions, see details
Poria, China Root
Appears in the Herbs That Drain Dampness category
- Promotes urination, drains dampness, transforms phlegm - urinary difficulty, diarrhea, edema, headache, dizziness, greasy tongue coat.
- Strengthens the spleen, harmonizes the middle jiao - diarrhea, loss of appetite.
- Quiets the heart and calms the spirit - palpitations, insomnia, forgetfulness.
This formula has cautions, see details
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about er chen wan? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Hot and full ears
- Swelling face, low blood pressure and hemoroid
- Gynecomastia treatment
- Shiatsu for Lymphedema on left leg + varicose veins
- Intestinal problem
- Orthostatic hypotension
- Tooth Infection
- What type of treatment works best for the lymphatic system?
- Gastroisofagial reflux
- What does the constant feeling of wet feet mean?