Names Of Er Chen Wan
Er Chen Wan TCM Herbal Formula
- English Name: Two Aged Herbs
- Pinyin Name: Er Chen Wan
- Alternate Names: Er Chen Tang, Er Chen Wan, Two Cured Decoction, Two Aged Ingredients Pills, Citrus and Pinellia Combination
- Chinese Character: 二陈丸
How Is Er Chen Wan Categorized?
There Are 9 Formulas In Our Treat Phlegm Category
How Is Er Chen Wan Used Clinically?
Er Chen Wan Usages and Indications
- The primary base formula to resolve phlegm damp, particularly in the lungs and GI system - cough (with white mucus), plugged ears, sinus blockage - along with GI symptoms of nausea, vomiting.
- Upper respiratory tract infections, bronchitis, emphysema, COPD - when arising from phlegm damp.
- Phlegm accumulation in the head symptoms such as dizziness, insomnia, meniere's disease, alcohol hangover.
- Cysts from phlegm accumulation - fibroids, breast cyst, ovarian cyst, thryoid cysts, goiter.
Cautions and Contraindications
- Avoid in patients with yin deficiency - i.e. cough from dryness.
Conditions and Patterns Potentially Related With Er Chen Wan
Er Chen Wan Related Conditions and Patterns
AsthmaBreast CancerBronchitisCommon ColdCoughDigestive IssuesDizziness (Vertigo)EmphysemaFibroidsGoiterHangoverMeniere's DiseaseNauseaOvarian CancerSinus InfectionThyroiditisVomiting
Lung Dampness - Phlegm ColdSpleen Invasion - Cold DampStomach Dampness
Er Chen Wan @ Our Yin Yang House Store
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Er Chen Wan Is Discussed
- Chinese Medicine Lifestyle And Herbal Approaches To The Coronavirus
Blog Posts Concerning Herbal Medicine
- Double Blind Study Finds Dang Gui Wan Effective For Menopausal Symptoms (Hot Flashes, Nightsweats)
- Study Finds Fructus Schisandra Chinensis (Wu Wei Zi) Useful for Cholesterol Reduction
- Effects of You Gui Wan and Zuo Gui Wan Herbal Formulas on Encephalomyelitis
- Animal Study Shows Promise for TCM Herbal Treatment of Diabetes (Yi Qi Zeng Min Tang)
- Chinese Herb, Sweetflag Rhizome, Found Protective Against Alzheimer's and Neurodegeneration
- Study Explores Anti-Asthmatic Effects Of Moxibustion
- Yue Ju Wan Herbal Formula Shows Rapid Antidepressant Effect (Study)
- Study Finds Xiao Chai Hu Tang Offers An Anti-Depressant Effect
- Widely Used Chinese Herbal Medicine Formula for IBS and Crohn's - Mechanisms Explored (Study)
Notes From Our Clinicians For Er Chen Wan
Staff Clinical Notes
- Not intended for long-term use, may cause dry mouth and/or thirst while taking.
Er Chen Wan Has 4Ingredients
Appears in the Herbs That Transform Phlegm Cold category
- Dries dampness, transforms cold-phlegm, descends rebellious qi - cough with copious sputum especially due to dampness of spleen.
- Harmonizes stomach, stops vomiting due to lingering phlegm-dampness in the stomach.
- Dissipates nodules, reduces distension - phlegm in chest or neck or anywhere in the body, focal distention in the chest.
This formula has cautions, see details
Poria, China Root
Appears in the Herbs That Drain Dampness category
- Promotes urination, drains dampness, transforms phlegm - urinary difficulty, diarrhea, edema, headache, dizziness, greasy tongue coat.
- Strengthens the spleen, harmonizes the middle jiao - diarrhea, loss of appetite.
- Quiets the heart and calms the spirit - palpitations, insomnia, forgetfulness.
This formula has cautions, see details
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about er chen wan? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Tongue -teeth mark on tounge
- Pain in stomach
- Acupuncture Point Formula for treating Costochondritis
- What is zhu li da tan wan used for?
- how can know which organ is effected in Insomnia
- Application for symptoms
- Can blood stasis be cause of fibroids
- Spleen divergent channel
- Jin gu die da wan usage recommendations
- i can not feel the left pulse