Calm The Spirit - General Herbal Formula Category Concepts
Calm The Spirit Functional Grouping
Spirit disorders in Chinese Medicine involve a wide range of western medical conditions such as anxiety, depression, insomnia, and many more. From a TCM perspective this may arise from excess or deficient (or mixed) syndromes. They often involve the heart and/or liver systems but can arise from other imbalances.
The Calm The Spirit Category Has The Following Subcategories:All Functions
The Calm The Spirit Category Contains (9) TCM formulas In Our Database
Brain Supplementing Pills
- A range of psychiatric, cognitive decline, trauma issues - benefit and clears the brain, transforms phlegm and tonifies kidney qi and the blood.
- Often used for both general cognitive decline/dementia, disorientation, etc. - but also useful when mixed with more anxiety, insomnia and/or emotional outbursts from confusion.
- Generally, particularly when deficiency and phlegm exist for anxiety, insomnia, dream disturbed sleep, manic states.
Bupleurum, Dragon Bone, and Oyster Shell Formula
- Palpitations, anxiety, restlessness, agitation/irritibility, and insomnia from heat due to liver yang or fire.
- Mental disorders such as including biopolar and schizophrenia resulting from distrubed shen.
- Symptoms of addiction recovery: cravings, anxiety, mood swings etc.
Licorice, Wheat, and Jujube Formula
- Anxiety/depression/manic issues with a tendency towards losing self-control (crying fits, excessive yawning, etc.) that result from the combination of heart yin deficiency and liver qi stagnation.
- Insomnia, possibly with vivid dreaming and heart palpitations.
- Post-partum depression and milder symptoms of menopause.
Stress Reducing Pill
- For common variants of the modern western lifestyle - in Chinese Medicine terms, calms the spirit, balance liver and kidney yin, for a range of psycho-emotional and physical issues from chronic stress and mental overwork. Symptoms may include insomnia, dizziness, inability to focus, memory problems, fatigue, palpitations, and/or tinnitus.
Emperor of Heavens Special Pill to Tonify the Heart
- Anxiety, insomnia, irritability, night sweats, hot flashes, flushing or sensation of heat in the palms due to deficiency heat.
- Insomnia, poor memory, poor focus and concentration due to yin deficiency.