Calm The Spirit - General Herbal Formula Category Concepts
Calm The Spirit Functional Grouping
Spirit disorders in Chinese Medicine involve a wide range of western medical conditions such as anxiety, depression, insomnia, and many more. From a TCM perspective this may arise from excess or deficient (or mixed) syndromes. They often involve the heart and/or liver systems but can arise from other imbalances.
The Calm The Spirit Category Has The Following Subcategories:All Functions
The Calm The Spirit Category Contains (7) TCM formulas In Our Database
Bupleurum, Dragon Bone, and Oyster Shell Formula
- Palpitations, anxiety, restlessness, agitation/irritibility, and insomnia from heat due to liver yang or fire.
- Mental disorders such as including biopolar and schizophrenia resulting from distrubed shen.
- Symptoms of addiction recovery: cravings, anxiety, mood swings etc.
Licorice, Wheat, and Jujube Formula
- Anxiety/depression/manic issues with a tendency towards losing self-control (crying fits, excessive yawning, etc.) that result from the combination of heart yin deficiency and liver qi stagnation.
- Insomnia, possibly with vivid dreaming and heart palpitations.
- Post-partum depression and milder symptoms of menopause.
Emperor of Heavens Special Pill to Tonify the Heart
- Anxiety, insomnia, irritability, night sweats, hot flashes, flushing or sensation of heat in the palms due to deficiency heat.
- Insomnia, poor memory, poor focus and concentration due to yin deficiency.