Nourish the Heart and Calm the Spirit - General Herbal Formula Category Concepts
Nourish the Heart and Calm the Spirit Sub Category
Nourish the Heart and Calm the Spirit is a subcategory of the Calm The Spirit functional grouping.
The Calm The Spirit functional grouping contains the following sub categories:
- Nourish the Heart and Calm the Spirit (this page)
- Sedate and Calm the Spirit
The Nourish the Heart and Calm the Spirit Category Contains (6) TCM formulas In Our Database
Calm the Shen and Supplement the Heart Pills
- Insomnia and palpitations
- Anxiety, possible difficulty with concentration
- Irritibility and restlessness
Licorice, Wheat, and Jujube Formula
- Anxiety/depression/manic issues with a tendency towards losing self-control (crying fits, excessive yawning, etc.) that result from the combination of heart yin deficiency and liver qi stagnation.
- Insomnia, possibly with vivid dreaming and heart palpitations.
- Post-partum depression and milder symptoms of menopause.
Stress Reducing Pill
- For common variants of the modern western lifestyle - in Chinese Medicine terms, calms the spirit, balance liver and kidney yin, for a range of psycho-emotional and physical issues from chronic stress and mental overwork. Symptoms may include insomnia, dizziness, inability to focus, memory problems, fatigue, palpitations, and/or tinnitus.
Sour Jujube Decoction
- Shen related issues when arising from liver blood deficiency - anxiety, insomnia.
- Menopausal heat contributing to sleep and/or anxiety issues.
- Palpitations, night sweats, and general dryness.
Emperor of Heavens Special Pill to Tonify the Heart
- Anxiety, insomnia, irritability, night sweats, hot flashes, flushing or sensation of heat in the palms due to deficiency heat.
- Insomnia, poor memory, poor focus and concentration due to yin deficiency.