Clear Heat and Relieve Toxicity - General Herbal Formula Category Concepts
Clear Heat and Relieve Toxicity Sub Category
Clear Heat and Relieve Toxicity is a subcategory of the Clear Heat functional grouping.
The Clear Heat functional grouping contains the following sub categories:
- Clear Heat and Relieve Toxicity (this page)
- Clear Heat From Deficiency
- Clear Heat From The Nutritive Level and Cool The Blood
- Clear Heat From The Organs
- Clear Heat From The Qi Level
- Relieve Summerheat
The Clear Heat and Relieve Toxicity Category Contains (8) TCM formulas In Our Database
Miraculous Cold Pills
- Common cold and flu patterns, particularly at the early stages.
- Can be used in lieu of actual bacterial or viral infection as long as flu or cold like symptoms are manifest.
Coptis Clearance Pill
- Dispels wind heat, clear toxic heat - generally used short-term for inflammatory conditions of the face, mouth, head - sore throat, conjunctivitis, acne, swollen gums.
- Can be a supportive formula for liver fire conditions resulting in headache, tinnitus, dizziness, vertigo.
- A range of yang ming heat issues - constipation, halitosis, gingivitis.
Musk Hemorrhoid Ointment
- Hemorrhoids and/or constipation from an accumulation of damp-heat and toxins in the lower jiao - possibly bleeding hemorrhoids, pain, rectal prolapse, anal itching. Shrinks swollen tissue, helps to remove decayed tissue and stimulate new growth. Available as a cream and suppositories and may be combined with other oral formulas depending on the needs of the patient.
Universal Benefit Decoction To Eliminate Toxin
- Acute febrile disorder (wind-heat & damp-phlegm) of the head - strong fever and chills, burning pain of head and face, red and/or swollen eyes, sore throat, aversion to cold, dryness, thirst. Hemorrhagic fever, Respiratory Tract Infection, Acute tonsillitis, otitis media, lymphadenitis, Common Cold, Flu. More common seasonally in the winter or spring.
- Disperse wind-heat - cellulitis in the head and face, herpes, boils.
- Has a range of antibiotic and antiviral effects.
Drain The Epigastrium Decoction
- Damp-heat excess with interior climbing - fever, restlessness, red eyes, constipation, possibly in severe cases delirium from high fever.
- A range of digestive/epigastric issues from damp-heat - gastroenteritis, hepatitis, dysentary, hemorrhoids, etc.
- Certain psychological conditions with damp-heat background - schizophrenia, anxiety, as well as obstructive conditions such as sleep apnea.
- Due to the "clear heat in the blood" aspect, possible usages for digestive bleeding, vascular headaches, trigeminal neuralgia, epistaxis, dental abscesses, mouth sores, etc.
- Has a broad anti-inflammatory effect, accordingly with the right underlying patterns may be used for atherosclerosis, upper respiratory infections and issues such as diabetic nephropathy.
Immortals Formula For Sustaining Life
- Generally for short-term use with early stage heat toxins - sores, carbuncles, boils, styes, acne. Swollen and painful skin lesions with other heat signs (chills/fever).
- Breast abscesses, mastitis.
- Uses for rheumatoid arthritis and/or psoriasis with the right underlying diagnosis.
- Internal abscesses from blood stasis.
Drain the Epigastrium Formula
Signs of damp-heat with interior clumping which may settle into the abdominal region and/or rise upward to the head. Fever, irritability, red eyes, constipation, dark urine, flushed face - middle warmer issues - jaundice, dysentery, tongue/mouth ulcers.
Pulse will be be wiry and rapid and the Tongue will be red, swollen with a yellow greasy tongue coating.
- Hemorrhoids and/or constipation from an accumulation of damp-heat and toxins in the lower jiao - possibly bleeding hemorrhoids, pain, rectal prolapse, anal itching.
- With the right underlying factors may also be useful for vaginal bleeding with abdominal pain, possibly with dark clots.