Clear Heat From The Qi Level - General Herbal Formula Category Concepts
Clear Heat From The Qi Level Sub Category
Clear Heat From The Qi Level is a subcategory of the Clear Heat functional grouping.
The Clear Heat functional grouping contains the following sub categories:
- Clear Heat and Relieve Toxicity
- Clear Heat From Deficiency
- Clear Heat From The Nutritive Level and Cool The Blood
- Clear Heat From The Organs
- Clear Heat From The Qi Level (this page)
- Relieve Summerheat
The Clear Heat From The Qi Level Category Contains (3) TCM formulas In Our Database
White Tiger Decoction
- In 6 channel theory, Yang ming channel heat or the "4 bigs" - big thirst, big sweat, big thirst, big pulse - accordingly, fever, thirst, profuse sweating, aversion to heat.
- Many symptoms may fit the larger pattern, may arise with advanced diabetes, certain immune issues such as the flu, common cold, bronchial asthma, and a range of digestive issues such as gastritis.
Bupleurum, Cinnamon Twig and Ginger Decoction
- Shaoyang disorder with water accumulation - A modification of xiao chai hu tang with gui zhi and gan jiang to work with mixed pattern cases of "heat above, cold below". Generally for patients with exterior conditions that have not cleared with releasing treatments for more than 5 days to a week. Common colds, flu - alternating periods of chills and fever, fullness/distention in the chest, irritability (shaoyang symptoms) with perspiration on the head/upper body, thirst, possibly painful urination and/or loose stools (water accumulation).
- Insomnia with the right underlying factors.
Coptis Decoction To Relieve Toxicity
- Clears fire toxins (damp heat, toxic heat, fire) from all three jiaos - formula has an antibiotic function which has a broad range of uses in conditions arising from damp heat in the body. Acute bacterial infections, dystentary, fever (of unknown origin), acute bronchitis, acute conjunctivitis, UTI.
- Hypertension when it arises from fire/toxic heat.
- A range of skin issues - boils, acne, mastitis, pyogenic skin infections, gingivitis.
- Disorders of the middle jiao - hepatitis (particularly acute infectious), jaundice, H-pylori, gastritis.
- Arrest bleeding in reckless bleeding from heat.
- Gu syndrome conditions with the right underyling factors - IBS, Lyme, other inflammatory conditions.