Relieve Summerheat - General Herbal Formula Category Concepts
Relieve Summerheat Sub Category
Relieve Summerheat is a subcategory of the Clear Heat functional grouping.
The Clear Heat functional grouping contains the following sub categories:
- Clear Heat and Relieve Toxicity
- Clear Heat From Deficiency
- Clear Heat From The Nutritive Level and Cool The Blood
- Clear Heat From The Organs
- Clear Heat From The Qi Level
- Relieve Summerheat (this page)
The Relieve Summerheat Category Contains (1) TCM formula In Our Database
Clear Summer Heat and Augment the Qi
- Please note that there are two formulas with the same name but slightly different compositions. One is from Wang's Wen Re Jing Wei and tonifies the yin more strongly, the other (which is the one discussed here) is from Li's Pi Wei Lun (Discussion of the Spleen and Stomach) and tonifies the spleen more strongly. Both have similar usages but are not directly interchangeable.
- Clears summerheat and dries dampness - summer colds and flus, heatstroke - fever, fatigue, excessive sweating with loose stools and heaviness in the body.
- Along with respiratory infections in the right cases certain types of asthma may be appropriate for this formula.
- Dampheat related inflammatory condtions such as Colitis are approprirate with the right underlying factors.
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome with symptoms of spleen deficiency and heat.
- Wtih the right underlying factors the range of perimenopausal symptoms may be appropriate - low libido, fatigue, water retention, fibroids, heavy cycles. Where this appear with spleen qi deficiency signs and kidney weakness, this formula may be appropriate.
Where Do I Go Next?
Follow, Join, and Participate
Get Our App
Join Our Email List (3-5 email updates/yr)
All Content Copyright © 1999-2019 Yin Yang House Inc