Clear Damp-Heat - General Herbal Formula Category Concepts
Clear Damp-Heat Sub Category
Clear Damp-Heat is a subcategory of the Expel Dampness functional grouping.
The Expel Dampness functional grouping contains the following sub categories:
- Clear Damp-Heat (this page)
- Dispel Wind-Dampness
- Promote Urination and Leach out Dampness
- Transform Damp Turbidity
- Warm and Transform Water and Dampness
The Clear Damp-Heat Category Contains (12) TCM formulas In Our Database
Eight Herb Powder for Vaginal Discharge
- Clearing damp heat in the lower warmer, particularly with underlying blood deficiency - vaginal disharge, vaginal itching, vaginal inflammation along with constipation, possibly anemia, low back pain, and/or abdominal pain. Leukorrhea may be yellow, white or red.
- Gonorrhea, syphilis.
Aquilaria Qi Transforming Pills
For spleen qi deficiency with damp heat accumulation in the lower. The spleen system is effectively the western version of the digestive system. The spleen is responsible for extracting the energy from the food and properly breaking the food down. When the spleen is weak the overall energy tends to drop, the appetite may be poor, and the mood may also be on the down side. Furthermore, the weakness of the spleen results in the accumulation of byproducts (damp) which tend to accumulate in the lower.
Symptoms may include diarrhea, constipation, excessive gas, and abdominal distension. This formula is used to treat belching, acid reflux, poor appetite, abdominal distension, flatulence, constipation, and abdominal cramping and discomfort.
Tongue: puffy, sticky or greasy coat
Pulse: slippery, weak
Contribute To Youthfulness Pills
- For high cholesterol, generally focuses on strengthening metabolism, transforming dampness, tonifying spleen qi, and mildly moving blood stasis in Chinese Medicine terms.
Benefit The Gallbladder Pills
- A range of gallbladder, liver and related digestive/obstructive issues - clears damp heat from the liver and gall bladder in TCM terms. Symptoms may include gallstones and/or a range of digestive issues from poor gallbladder function – nausea, vomiting, jaundice.
- Hepatitis, particularly acute viral, along with other supportive formulas when arising from damp heat.
Triple Gold Pills
- Painful/burning or diffulty urination possibly with increased urgency due to damp heat accumulation.
- Dark or scanty urine.
- Urinary stones.
- Urinary tract infection.
Four Marvels Powder
- Damp-Heat Bi-Syndromes in Chinese Medicine terms - arthritis with hot swollen joints. With the right underlying diagnosis both osteo-arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis would respond.
- Weakness and/or atrophy in the lower body with swelling.
- Leukorrhea and other heat related discharge.
Gardenia & Hoelen Formula
- Painful urination with cloudy or dark urine due to heat.
- Possibly blood in the urine -bright red blood not occult.
Aucklandia and Coptis Pills
- Diarrhea expecially with bright blood or mucus and foul smelling resuling from damp heat.
- Nausea, abdominal cramps or bloating, with possible loss of appetite from damp accumulation.
- Vomitting, hiccups, excessive belching, acid reflux due to rebellious stomach qi and heat.
- The modifications in Jia Wei Xiang Lian Wan add more movement and stronger heat clearing from the base.
Artemisiae Scopariae Decoction
- Used for a range of liver, gallbladder and pancreatic disorders arising from damp heat. Symptoms such as jaundice, urinary difficulty, nausea, bloating and more.
- Western conditions could be cirrhosis, gallbladder disease, alcohol toxicity and more.
- May involve other psychiatric conditions as well such as manic depression, anger outbursts, etc.
Cure Discharge Leucorrhea Pill
- Abnormal vaginal discharge - yellow or green colour, cottage-cheese like texture and foul smelling.
- Painful urination, burning, increased urgency/frequency.
- Yeast infection.