Promote Urination and Leach out Dampness - General Herbal Formula Category Concepts
Promote Urination and Leach out Dampness Sub Category
Promote Urination and Leach out Dampness is a subcategory of the Expel Dampness functional grouping.
The Expel Dampness functional grouping contains the following sub categories:
- Clear Damp-Heat
- Dispel Wind-Dampness
- Promote Urination and Leach out Dampness (this page)
- Transform Damp Turbidity
- Warm and Transform Water and Dampness
The Promote Urination and Leach out Dampness Category Contains (5) TCM formulas In Our Database
Dioscorea Formula To Separate The Clear
- Generally for painful urination issues (gao lin) that arises from kidney yang deficiency.
- With related kidney yang deficiency pattern - chronic urinary tract infections, leukorrhea, vaginal thrush.
- Chronic prostatitis, particularly with white and cloudy urine.
Stephania and Astragalus Teapills
- Wind damp / wind edema (feng shui, literally "wind water") patterns, generally acute - heavy sensation of the body, superficial edema, difficulty with urination - idiopathic edema, ascites.
- Weak wei qi - frequent colds, flus.
- Wind damp bi syndromes (osteoarthritis or rheumatoid, swelling, edema), particularly of the knees.
- Idiopathic sweating issues (weak exterior and weak spleen).
- Bone fractures with the right underlying issues, generally associated with damp bi.
- Weight loss with deficiency signs (weak appetite, heavy sensation of body).
Water Stone Removal Pill
- Useful for a range of calcifications/stones - kidney stones, bladder stones, ureter stones and when the underlying pathology is appropriate gallstones. Generally involves collections of damp heat in the lower warmer.
- Besides stones, symptoms may range from small volumes of urination, pain with urination, urgency, itching and/or pain in the groin generally.
Calm the Stomach Powder
- Damp cold stagnation in the middle jiao - poor appetite, indigestion, gastritis, loose stools, heavy sensation of the limbs, fatigue.
- Can be used to induce labor with appropriate underlying diagnoses.
Five-Ingredient Powder with Poria
- Generally used, often in conjunction with other formulas, as a mild-diuretic and mild spleen strengthening formula - for edema from spleen qi deficiency primarily.