Harmonize - General Herbal Formula Category Concepts
Harmonize Functional Grouping
This group of formulas is for internal conditions involving the lesser yang stage of disease (alternating fever and chills). Generally these formulas are for conditions involving the gallbladder, liver, stomach, spleen and/or intestines. Many of the formulas within this section are useful for a range of psychological/emotional based conditions which create a cycle of stagnation and depletion within the body. Conditions aided with these formulas range from bronchitis, hepatitis, hypertension, anxiety, depression, irregular menstruation, and more along with a range of digestive/intestinal issues.
The Harmonize Category Has The Following Subcategories:
- Harmonize Lesser Yang Stage Disorders
- Harmonize the Stomach and Intestines
- Regulate and Harmonize the Liver and Spleen
The Harmonize Category Contains (12) TCM formulas In Our Database
Bupleurum Powder to Spread the Liver
- Hypochondriac pain with possible breast tenderness.
- Irregular menstruation and or amenorrhea, PMS symptoms that result from liver qi stagnation.
- Irritability and or depression may also manifest as the emotional component of liver qi stagnation.
Augmented Restore The Spleen Decoction
- A combination of jia wei xiao yao wan and gui pi wan - similar effects but with more spleen qi and blood tonification.
- A range of stress related issues - essentially mixes of stagnation with underlying deficiencies.
- Potential uses with immune / idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP) and other bruising/bleeding issues with appropriate diagnostic factors.
Free and Easy Wanderer Pills
- Derived from the base formula, xiao yao wan, an important formula for liver qi stagnation with herbs added to clear heat.
- Liver qi stagnation - menstrual issues, painful cycles, irregular cycles, breast distention, PMS, acne.
- A range of mild to moderate psychological issues arising from liver qi stagnation such as anxiety, depression, panic disorder, insomnia, anger issues, etc.
- Physical symptoms from liver qi stagnation such as headaches, tightness in the chest, cold hands and feet, various eye issues.
Peony and Licorice Decoction
- Cramping and/or muscle spasms that are due to fluid deficiency.
- Frozen shoulder, trigger finger.
- General tightness or cramps especially along the tendons or ligaments.
- Restless leg syndrome for patients who present with yin and blood deficiency as the primary cause.
Liver Comfort Pills
- Abdominal and/or Hypochondriac pain, cramps or spasms resulting from liver qi stagnation.
- Alternating chills and fever.
- Nausea, bloating, acid reflux, alternating stools, or IBS like symptoms caused by the liver invading the spleen.
Minor Bupleurum Decoction
- Shao Yang Syndrome (or "lesser yang stage") - alternating fever and chills, hypochondriac pain, irritability, bitter taste in mouth, poor appetite, nausea. Often used for illnesses (chronic or short-term) such as the flu, etc. that have "cleared" but not completely. People will describe not feeling quite right or having a range of low level symptoms for months or longer after a particular illness. Instead of fever and chills alternating they may manifest with cold extremities and warm interior or other variations.
- A range of liver related conditions including malaria, jaundice, hepatitis, liver cancer, meniere's disease, general protection from medicines that may harm the liver, etc. among issues with other digestive organs - pancreatitis, stomatitis, gastritis.
- Liver/speen disharmonies resulting in broader issues such as depression, chronic fatigue syndrome, menstrual irregularities (PMS, cramping, etc.).
- Other general immune issues such as the common cold, flu, tonsillitis, general seasonal allergies with the right underlying factors.
Free and Easy Wanderer
- Depression, anxiety, loss of motivation - resulting from liver qi stagnation.
- Fatigue, bloating, changes in appetite from the combination of spleen qi deficiency with liver qi stagnation.
- PMS, breast distention, irregular menstruation and in some cases infertility.