Regulate and Harmonize the Liver and Spleen - General Herbal Formula Category Concepts
Regulate and Harmonize the Liver and Spleen Sub Category
Regulate and Harmonize the Liver and Spleen is a subcategory of the Harmonize functional grouping.
The Harmonize functional grouping contains the following sub categories:
- Harmonize Lesser Yang Stage Disorders
- Harmonize the Stomach and Intestines
- Regulate and Harmonize the Liver and Spleen (this page)
The Regulate and Harmonize the Liver and Spleen Category Contains (13) TCM formulas In Our Database
Bupleurum Powder to Spread the Liver
- Liver qi stagnation signs - hypochondriac tension, abdominal pain, IBS symptoms
- Alternating chills and fever.
Major Liver Nutrition Pills
- Brittle nails, yellowing of the skin (jaundice).
- Abdominal cramping, distension or pain in the hypochrondia due to liver qi stangation
- Fatty liver, hepatitis and other liver diseases.
Augmented Restore The Spleen Decoction
- A combination of jia wei xiao yao wan and gui pi wan - similar effects but with more spleen qi and blood tonification.
- A range of stress related issues - essentially mixes of stagnation with underlying deficiencies.
- Potential uses with immune / idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP) and other bruising/bleeding issues with appropriate diagnostic factors.
Free and Easy Wanderer Pills
- Derived from the base formula, xiao yao wan, an important formula for liver qi stagnation with herbs added to clear heat.
- Liver qi stagnation - menstrual issues, painful cycles, irregular cycles, breast distention, PMS, acne.
- A range of mild to moderate psychological issues arising from liver qi stagnation such as anxiety, depression, panic disorder, insomnia, anger issues, etc.
- Physical symptoms from liver qi stagnation such as headaches, tightness in the chest, cold hands and feet, various eye issues.
Repress The Blood Pressure Pills
- Hypertension particularly with ascendent yang and heat signs - red face, red tongue, headaches, irritability, anxiety, insomnia, etc.
Dang Gui And Pinellia Combination
- Liver qi stagnation with blood deficiency heat - signs of heat, red eyes, possibly anxiety and/or irritability, etc. along with digestive issues such as gastritis, cirrhosis, cholecystitis, hernia.
- Lymphedema from stagnation and deficiency.
- Fibrocystic breasts.
Peony and Licorice Decoction
- Cramping and/or muscle spasms that are due to fluid deficiency.
- Frozen shoulder, trigger finger.
- General tightness or cramps especially along the tendons or ligaments.
- Restless leg syndrome for patients who present with yin and blood deficiency as the primary cause.
Liver Comfort Pills
- Abdominal and/or Hypochondriac pain, cramps or spasms resulting from liver qi stagnation.
- Alternating chills and fever.
- Nausea, bloating, acid reflux, alternating stools, or IBS like symptoms caused by the liver invading the spleen.
Frigid Extremities Powder Pills
- Important formula for liver qi stagnation - manifesting as moodiness, depression, cold in the extremities (particularly hands and/or feet), possibly along with other stress signs - mild headaches, teeth grinding, facial twitching, etc.
- A range of liver "attacking" the spleen digestive issues, hypochondriac, abdominal and/or epigastric pain. Sensation of tension in the chest that worsens with stress.
- All of the above symptoms that come along with menstruation.
Important Pills for Painful Diarrhea / Calm Wind Pills
- Diarrhea, particularly with abdominal cramping.
- Diarrhea with alternating constipation.
Minor Bupleurum Decoction
- Shao Yang Syndrome (or "lesser yang stage") - alternating fever and chills, hypochondriac pain, irritability, bitter taste in mouth, poor appetite, nausea. Often used for illnesses (chronic or short-term) such as the flu, etc. that have "cleared" but not completely. People will describe not feeling quite right or having a range of low level symptoms for months or longer after a particular illness. Instead of fever and chills alternating they may manifest with cold extremities and warm interior or other variations.
- A range of liver related conditions including malaria, jaundice, hepatitis, liver cancer, meniere's disease, general protection from medicines that may harm the liver, etc. among issues with other digestive organs - pancreatitis, stomatitis, gastritis.
- Liver/speen disharmonies resulting in broader issues such as depression, chronic fatigue syndrome, menstrual irregularities (PMS, cramping, etc.).
- Other general immune issues such as the common cold, flu, tonsillitis, general seasonal allergies with the right underlying factors.
Free and Easy Wanderer
- Depression, anxiety, loss of motivation - resulting from liver qi stagnation.
- Fatigue, bloating, changes in appetite from the combination of spleen qi deficiency with liver qi stagnation.
- PMS, breast distention, irregular menstruation and in some cases infertility.
Where Do I Go Next?
Follow, Join, and Participate
Get Our App
Join Our Email List (3-5 email updates/yr)
All Content Copyright © 1999-2020 Yin Yang House Inc