Invigorate the Blood - General Herbal Formula Category Concepts
Invigorate the Blood Functional Grouping
Issues with blood circulation may lead to generalized pain and fatigue to fixed masses. The blood may also be effected by traumatic injuries for which many of the formulas in this section are useful. Many formulas within this section are contraindicated during pregnancy due to their invigorating functions and others should be used sparingly if at all with underlying deficiencies. They should be avoided entirely in any patient with bleeding/clotting disorders as well as those with heavy menstrual cycles.
The Invigorate the Blood Category Has The Following Subcategories:
- Invigorate the Blood and Dispel Blood Stasis
- Invigorate the Blood from Traumatic Injury
- Warm the Menses and Dispel Blood Stasis
The Invigorate the Blood Category Contains (18) TCM formulas In Our Database
Tonify Yang To Restore Five Tenths Decoction
- Post-stroke recovery when stasis is from qi and yang deficiency - post-stroke symptoms, paralysis, atrophy of the limbs, drooling, slurred speech, etc.
- Other potential uses with the correct underlying diagnosis in any blood stasis patients - MS, raynauds, ALS, etc.
Trauma Healing Pill
Useful for many types of traumatic injuries, broken bones, sprains, fractures, etc. anywhere in the body. Also useful for fixed abdominal masses, ulcerations, sciatica, arthritis, pelvic inflammatory disease and angina among others.
In the case of traumatic injury the tongue and pulse may hold less clinical significance, for other conditions the Pulse may be wiry and the Tongue may be darker or show darkness in specific areas.
Drive Out Blood Stasis Below The Diaphragm Decoction
- For blood stasis below the diaphgram - abdominal masses, liver and spleen masses/swelling, colitis.
- A range of liver disorders are possibly applicable - cirrhosis, hepatic hemangioma, hepatitis, jaundice.
- Spleen disorders - splenomegaly.
- Pleural adhesions.
- A range of menstrual disorders - fibroids, endometriosis, dysmenorrhea (although Shao Fu Zhu Yu Wan may be more appropriate as that targets more the lower jiao).
- Pelvic inflammatory disease.
- May be used to help expel ectopic pregnancy.
Warm Uterus & Conception Pills
- Infertility, history of miscarriage due to blood deficiency and/or cold in the lower jiao from kidney yang deficiency.
- Irregular menstruation.
- Lower abdominal pain, lower back pain, uterine and/or ovarian pain.
Abdominal Stasis Relief Pills
- Qi and blood stagnation in the lower jiao - lower abdominal masses, fibroids, ovarian cysts, endometriosis.
- Fertility issues in both men and women with the right underlying signs - amenorrhea, dysmenorrhea, irregular cycles, uterine bleeding.
- Can be used to dispel ectopic pregnancy.
- Ulcerative colitis, urinary stones.
Remove Stagnant Blood from a Painful Body Pills
- Qi and Blood stagnation blocking the channels and collaterals - pain in the extremities, shoulder pain, elbow pain, leg pain.
- With the right underlying patterns - possibly useful for fibromyalgia, complex regional pain syndrome, etc.
- Arthritic conditions - rheumatoid, neuralgia.
Relax The Channels and Invigorate The Blood Decoction
- Primarily used for blood stasis with wind-damp in the channels and collaterals characterized by internal deficiency with external excesses - joint pain, muscle aches, numbness and/or pain in the lower extremities (may be severe).
- Wind-cold damp bi-syndrome (i.e. arthritis) - particularly in the lower part of the body, hips, knees, lower back.
- Sciatic pain with the correct underlying pattern.
- Neck pain with the correct underling pattern.
- Fractures that are reluctant to heal, particularly in the lower body.
Unblock the Orifices and Invigorate the Blood Decoction
- Blood stagnation particularly in the head - migraines and/or headaches with other sensory factors - auras, sound sensitivity, etc.
- Dizziness, tinnitus, hair loss - with underlying blood stagnation signs.
- Stroke, seizure disorder, post concussion headaches.
- Rheumatoid arthritis.
Blood Stasis Relief Pills
- Qi and Blood stagnation - pain, cardiovascular issues, physical organ issues.
- Coronary artery disease, angina and other cardiovascular issues.
- Hepatitis and other liver function issues.
- Migraines, headaches, neuralgia from most causes.
- A range of menstrual issues including dysmenorrhea, endometriosis, ovarian cysts, fibroids - particularly with pain and/or bleeding.
- Certain diagnostic types of psychological illness, schizophrenia, bipolar, chronic depression, etc.
White Powder from Yun Nan
- Internal and external uses for bleeding.
- Internally may be used for issues such as heavy menstruation, internal bleeding from cancer.
- May also be internally in conjunction with external applications - gun shot wounds, surgical issues.
- Externally may be applied to any cuts, scrapes, wounds, etc.