Invigorate the Blood and Dispel Blood Stasis - General Herbal Formula Category Concepts
Invigorate the Blood and Dispel Blood Stasis Sub Category
Invigorate the Blood and Dispel Blood Stasis is a subcategory of the Invigorate the Blood functional grouping.
The Invigorate the Blood functional grouping contains the following sub categories:
- Invigorate the Blood and Dispel Blood Stasis (this page)
- Invigorate the Blood from Traumatic Injury
- Warm the Menses and Dispel Blood Stasis
The Invigorate the Blood and Dispel Blood Stasis Category Contains (15) TCM formulas In Our Database
Great Yang Restoration Pills
- Fatigue, weakness, with pale complexion due to chronic qi and blood deficiency.
- Hemiplegia, slurred speech or involuntary muscle control due to blockage of the channels and collaterals.
Tonify Yang To Restore Five Tenths Decoction
- Post-stroke recovery when stasis is from qi and yang deficiency - post-stroke symptoms, paralysis, atrophy of the limbs, drooling, slurred speech, etc.
- Other potential uses with the correct underlying diagnosis in any blood stasis patients - MS, raynauds, ALS, etc.
Red Sage Root Decoction for Promoting Blood Circulation
- Phlebitis, generally chronic.
Saliva Compound Pill
- For a range of stagnation issues in the stomach/epigastric/heart region - gastritis, epigastric pain, peptic ulcer disease.
- A range of liver issues including hepatitis and cirrhosis.
- For stasis of the chest (zhong bi syndrome).
Drive Out Blood Stasis Below The Diaphragm Decoction
- For blood stasis below the diaphgram - abdominal masses, liver and spleen masses/swelling, colitis.
- A range of liver disorders are possibly applicable - cirrhosis, hepatic hemangioma, hepatitis, jaundice.
- Spleen disorders - splenomegaly.
- Pleural adhesions.
- A range of menstrual disorders - fibroids, endometriosis, dysmenorrhea (although Shao Fu Zhu Yu Wan may be more appropriate as that targets more the lower jiao).
- Pelvic inflammatory disease.
- May be used to help expel ectopic pregnancy.
Tendon and Bone Injury Healing
- Bruising, sprains, swelling from soft tissue injuries.
- Broken or bruised bones.
- For post surgery recovery.
- For any other type of acute trauma to the body.
Abdominal Stasis Relief Pills
- Qi and blood stagnation in the lower jiao - lower abdominal masses, fibroids, ovarian cysts, endometriosis.
- Fertility issues in both men and women with the right underlying signs - amenorrhea, dysmenorrhea, irregular cycles, uterine bleeding.
- Can be used to dispel ectopic pregnancy.
- Ulcerative colitis, urinary stones.
Remove Stagnant Blood from a Painful Body Pills
- Qi and Blood stagnation blocking the channels and collaterals - pain in the extremities, shoulder pain, elbow pain, leg pain.
- With the right underlying patterns - possibly useful for fibromyalgia, complex regional pain syndrome, etc.
- Arthritic conditions - rheumatoid, neuralgia.
Relax The Channels and Invigorate The Blood Decoction
- Primarily used for blood stasis with wind-damp in the channels and collaterals characterized by internal deficiency with external excesses - joint pain, muscle aches, numbness and/or pain in the lower extremities (may be severe).
- Wind-cold damp bi-syndrome (i.e. arthritis) - particularly in the lower part of the body, hips, knees, lower back.
- Sciatic pain with the correct underlying pattern.
- Neck pain with the correct underling pattern.
- Fractures that are reluctant to heal, particularly in the lower body.
Unblock the Orifices and Invigorate the Blood Decoction
- Blood stagnation particularly in the head - migraines and/or headaches with other sensory factors - auras, sound sensitivity, etc.
- Dizziness, tinnitus, hair loss - with underlying blood stagnation signs.
- Stroke, seizure disorder, post concussion headaches.
- Rheumatoid arthritis.
Blood Stasis Relief Pills
- Qi and Blood stagnation - pain, cardiovascular issues, physical organ issues.
- Coronary artery disease, angina and other cardiovascular issues.
- Hepatitis and other liver function issues.
- Migraines, headaches, neuralgia from most causes.
- A range of menstrual issues including dysmenorrhea, endometriosis, ovarian cysts, fibroids - particularly with pain and/or bleeding.
- Certain diagnostic types of psychological illness, schizophrenia, bipolar, chronic depression, etc.
White Powder from Yun Nan
- Internal and external uses for bleeding.
- Internally may be used for issues such as heavy menstruation, internal bleeding from cancer.
- May also be internally in conjunction with external applications - gun shot wounds, surgical issues.
- Externally may be applied to any cuts, scrapes, wounds, etc.