Reduce Food Stagnation - General Herbal Formula Category Concepts
Reduce Food Stagnation Functional Grouping
Food stagnation arises from excessive drinking and/or excessive eating particularly of fried, fatty foods, and/or excessive meat. Over a long period of indulgence tremendous harm can be done to the stomach and spleen system in Chinese Medicine leading to a breakdown in the ability to properly digest and transform food into energy. It can also arise in a more acute fashion from eating contaminated foods.All Functions
The Reduce Food Stagnation Category Contains (2) TCM formulas In Our Database
Preserve Harmony Pills
- Epigastric and or abdominal fullness or painful distention after meals.
- Acid reflux, belching, vomiting with possible aversion to food due to food stagnation.
- This formula can also be used for acute food poisoning.
Strengthen Spleen Pills
- For stomach and spleen qi deficiency with dampness that has potentially generated mild interior-heat - diarrhea, abdominal pain, poor appetite, epigastric pain.
- May be used in early pregnancy for more deficient patients particularly with a tendency towards miscarriage.
- May be used with pediatric patients for poor appetite and looser stools.