Release Exterior Cold - General Herbal Formula Category Concepts
Release Exterior Cold Sub Category
Release Exterior Cold is a subcategory of the Release the Exterior functional grouping.
The Release the Exterior functional grouping contains the following sub categories:
- Release Early Stage Exterior Disorders
- Release Exterior Cold (this page)
- Release Exterior Disorders with Head and Neck Symptoms
- Release Exterior Disorders with Interior Deficiency
- Release Exterior Wind Heat
- Release Exterior-Interior Excess
The Release Exterior Cold Category Contains (3) TCM formulas In Our Database
Bupleurum and Cinnamon Twig Decoction
- A combination of gui zhi tang and xiao chai hu tang - together they work with both taiyang and shaoyang syndromes - common colds and flu, fever, chills, joint pain, nausea, abdominal/epigastric distention. Neuralgias from wind invasions - trigeminal neuralgia, frozen shoulder, etc.
- With the right underlying factors also useful for a range of middle jiao issues such as hepatitis, cirrhosis, cholecystitis, gastric ulcers, pancreatitis, appendicitis.
Cinnamon Twig Decoction
- Gan Mao (wind-cold) - Common cold or flu (or related illnesses, asthma, rhinitis, etc.) presenting with fever and chills (unrelieved by sweating), headache, aversion to wind, no desire for fluids, dry cough, sore throat.
- Pain from cold - may manifest in the joints, sciatic pain, neuralgia.
- Some skin conditions that are worse with cold and tend to be dry and itchy.
- Potentially useful post-partum (for colds or fevers) to strengthen the exterior (wei qi).
Schizonepeta and Siler Powder to Overcome Pathogenic Influences
- Early stages of disease arising from wind cold damp - common cold, flu, bronchitis, mumps.
- Early stages of skin diseases - boils, carbuncles, eczema, dermatitis with the right underlying factors.
- Mastitis arising from cold/damp.
Where Do I Go Next?
Follow, Join, and Participate
Join Our Email List (3-5 email updates/yr)
All Content Copyright © 1999-2019 Yin Yang House Inc