Stabilize and Bind - General Herbal Formula Category Concepts
Stabilize and Bind Functional Grouping
These formulas generally involve the restraint of leakages from the body (urine, sperm, leukorrhea, blood, sweat, etc.) These leakages can arise from heat in the body pushing things out or interrupting functions or from deficiency that reduces the bodies ability to "hold" in the substance. Formulas within this category are generally used to resolve specific symptoms in specific areas and then other formulas/treatments may be used for further management. Proper diagnosis is key with these conditions as formulas from this category should not be used when the conditions arise from excess syndromes.
The Stabilize and Bind Category Has The Following Subcategories:
- Restrain Leakage from the Intestines
- Stabilize the Exterior and the Lungs
- Stabilize the Kidneys
- Stabilize the Womb
The Stabilize and Bind Category Contains (4) TCM formulas In Our Database
Mantis Egg Case Powder
- Frequent urination, possibly incontinent from weakness in the heart and kidney systems. Pang Guang Shi Yue (bladder losing restraint).
- Other kidney deficiency signs possible such as spermatorrhea, forgetfulness, fatigue, constipation...
- Bedwetting in children when it is from deficiency - and often associated with "kidney" issues such as fear.
Jade Windscreen Formula
- Frequent colds, flus, chronic bronchitis - general low immunity to common infections.
- Spontaneous sweating, aversion to wind and/or cold.
- With appropriate diagnosis may be used to treat acute facial paralysis/Bell's Palsy.
- Particularly useful for children who always get sick often and tend towards the worst versions of whatever pathogen is going around (i.e. illnesses that quickly travel deeply - common cold to bronchitis, etc.) - often needs to be taken for many months, ideally during a period when they are not sick.