Tonify the Qi - General Herbal Formula Category Concepts
The Tonify the Qi Category Contains (8) TCM formulas In Our Database
Tonify the Middle and Augment the Qi Formula
- Coldness of the limbs, borborygmus with loose stools or diarrhea due to spleen yang deficiency.
- Spontaneous or easy sweating, general fatigue, changes in appetite due to spleen qi deficiency.
- Pale complexion and preference for warm food or drinks due to spleen yang and qi deficiency.
- Shortness of breath and noticable lack of desire to speak may present if both spleen and stomach qi are weak.
- This formula is also commonly used for prolasped organs.
Ginseng, Poria & Atractylodes Pills
- Diarrhea, loose stools, or mucus/greasy stools from damp accumulation in the spleen/stomach.
- Borborygmus, low appetite, fatigue, and/or pale complexion resulting from spleen qi deficiency.
- Colitis, IBS, gastritis, and other types of gastro intenstinal disorders where the predominant TCM pattern is spleen qi deficiency and damp accumulation.
Four Gentlemen Teapills
- General qi tonification formula - weak extremities, lassitude, pale face, poor appetite, loose stools.
- Due to the strenghtening functions can bolster immunity.
- Spleen qi deficiency is the backdrop of many conditions such as chronic fatigue syndrome, gastritis, IBS, abdominal pain.
- Possibly menstrual issues such as PMS or menorrhagia.
- Chronic hepatitis.
Specially Effective Nasal Allergy Pills
- Generally useful for a range of allergy symptoms - seasonal allergies, rhinitis, sinusitis, dry or watery eyes, sinus headaches, etc. Can be used both as a preventative and as a symptomatic aid for allergies.
Aucklandia, Amomi & Six Gentlemen Pills
- A modified version of the base, zhi zhu wan, which is used to treat qi stagnation and food retention from qi deficiency. This modification includes herbs which add more movement and damp drying.
- Distention and fullness in the epigastric area - bloating, indigestion, gastritis, gastric prolapse.
- Poor appetite (from Spleen Qi Deficiency), anorexia.
Aucklandia Amomi Nurture Stomach Pills
- Low appetite, apathy towards eating due to spleen qi deficiency.
- Acid reflux, indigestion, epigastric pain, tendency to feel full even with small quantities of food.
- Food stagnation due to overeating.