Warm Interior Cold - General Herbal Formula Category Concepts
Warm Interior Cold Functional Grouping
The formulas within this section are warming/hot in nature and will dispel cold at various levels in the body. Superficial issues are treated by warming the channels, deeper in cold effects the middle warmer so those formulas warm the middle and dispel cold. In more serious cases the yang can collapse (or "devastate the yang") - these can be life or death situations. Formulas in this section must be used correctly with appropriate diagnosis as too much heat in the body can cause physical dryness, strong heat sensations, anxiety/insomnia and even manic episodes in high doses.
The Warm Interior Cold Category Has The Following Subcategories:All Functions
The Warm Interior Cold Category Contains (3) TCM formulas In Our Database
Aconite Regulate Middle Pills
- Spleen yang deficiency resulting in coldness of the limbs and/or interior, borborygmus, and possible loose stools or diarrhea.
- Feeling full even with small amounts of food, bloating, epigastric/abdominal pain, possible decrease in appetite.
- Vomitting and nausea especially if it occurs shortly after eating.
Astragalus and Cinnamon Twig Five Herb Decoction
- Common with blood deficient patterns for dispersing interior cold, xue bi, (blood painful obstruction), generally manifesting as numbness of the extremities. With the appropriate underlying patterns - shoulder pain, neck pain, knee pain.
- Diabetic neuropathy, peripheral neuropathy, polyneuropathy, conditions such as raynaud's with the right underlying factors, frostbite.
- Facial paralysis, post-stroke recovery.
- Restless leg syndrome.
- Certain cardiovascular issues, heart disease.