Names Of Gu Ben Wan
How Is Gu Ben Wan Categorized?
There Are 7 Formulas In Our Treat Dryness Category
How Is Gu Ben Wan Used Clinically?
Gu Ben Wan Usages and Indications
- Dryness from yin deficiency - dry skin, dry eyes, dry cough, dry stools/constipation.
- Fatigue, difficulty concentrating, restlessness, possible anxiety.
- Other yin deficient symptoms such as night sweats, hot flashes.
Cautions and Contraindications
- Use with caution during pregnancy.
- Use with caution with patients that present with spleen qi deficiency.
Conditions and Patterns Potentially Related With Gu Ben Wan
Gu Ben Wan @ Our Yin Yang House Store
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Herbal Medicine
- Study Finds Chinese Herbal Formula Yin Chen Hao Tang Protects Liver From Cholestatic Damage
- Liu Wei Di Huang Wan Formula Shown To Prevent Post-Menopause Atherosclerosis
- Study Finds Shu Gan Liang Xue Herbal Formula Has Breast Cancer Anti Tumor Effect
- Animal Study Shows Promise for TCM Herbal Treatment of Diabetes (Yi Qi Zeng Min Tang)
- Chinese Herbal Medicines - Teas vs. Prepared Pills/Granules - Researchers Say No Clinical Differences
- Commonly Used Chinese Herbal Medicine for Lupus - Lab Analysis
- Polygonum Multiflorum (He Shou Wu) Shows Beneficial Effect on Alzheimers Disease
- Multiple Myeloma Maintained with Chinese Herbal Medicine Treatment Alone (Case Study)
- Successful Long Term Treatment of HIV/AIDS with Only Chinese Herbal Medicine
- The Inner Workings of Herb-Partitioned Moxibustion For Crohn's Disease
What Are Some Common Combinations For Gu Ben Wan?
Clinical Formula Combinations and Modifications
- Bao He Wan - Digestive Upset
Notes From Our Clinicians For Gu Ben Wan
Staff Clinical Notes
Yin energy is responsible for keeping the organs nourished and moistened. Therefore when yin is chronicly low, dryness is the result.
Gu Ben Wan Has 5Ingredients
Appears in the Herbs That Tonify Qi category
- Tonifies the middle warmer, augments the qi - lack of appetite, fatigue, diarrhea, vomiting, any spleen qi deficiency issues, prolapse of uterus, stomach, rectum.
- Tonifies the lungs - lung deficiency w/chronic cough, shortness of breath, copious sputum due to spleen qi deficiency.
- Nourishes fluids - xiao ke, thirst due to injury to fluids.
- Often used with herbs that release the exterior when patient has significant qi deficiency.
Appears in the Herbs That Tonify Yin category
- Moistens the lungs, stops cough - dry cough, coughing blood.
- Augments stomach yin, generates fluids - dry tongue and mouth.
- Clears heat and eliminates irritability due to yin deficiency or a warm-febrile disease in the ying level - particularly when symptoms are worse at night.
- Moistens the intestines - constipation.
Appears in the Herbs That Cool The Blood category
- Clears Heat, Cools Blood. High fever, thirst, scarlet tongue, hemorrhage due to heat in the Blood.
- Nourishes Yin, Generates Fluids. Yin Deficiency with heat signs with injury to body fluids. Dry mouth, low-grade fever, constipation, throat pain from yin deficiency.
- Cools Ascending Heart Fire (HT, LV). Mouth and tongue sores, irritability, insomnia, malar flush.
- Wasting thirst disorder.
This formula has cautions, see details
Rehmannia, Chinese Foxglove Root
Appears in the Herbs That Tonify Blood category
- This is the root of Sheng Di Huang (steamed and dried, or soaked in red wine and dried).
- Tonify blood for blood deficiency with dizziness, pallid complexion, palpitations, insomnia, irregular menses, uterine bleeding, post partum bleeding.
- Nourish yin - kidney yin deficiency with nightsweats, xiao ke, steaming bone disorder, nocturnal emissions.
Appears in the Herbs That Tonify Yin category
- Nourish kidney yin, clear lung heat - yin deficiency with heat signs in the upper warmer, dryness of mouth, thick or blood-streaked sputum that is difficult to expectorate.
- Moisten the lungs, nourish kidneys, generate fluids - lung and kidney yin deficiency, especially xiao ke, low grade afternoon fever, constipation.
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about gu ben wan? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- acupuncture used to decrease opioids in bariatric surgery
- Blood stasis in uterus and legs / herbal formula
- recurring boils
- Female senior , Ovaries , as / if related to Brain Health
- Im an acupuncture student
- Meridian Pen / Electronic Acupoint Massager with Laser/ Electronic Acupuncture Tendon Retractor Rod
- Cold and Thirst at night
- My Spleen is Weak
- Excess body heat
- Help with Covid Symptoms