Names Of Run Chang Wan
Run Chang Wan TCM Herbal Formula
- English Name: Lubricate the Intestines Pills
- Pinyin Name: Run Chang Wan
- Alternate Names: Run Chang Tang, Peach Kernel Pills, Tao Ren Wan, Fructus Persica Pills
- Chinese Character: 润肠丸
How Is Run Chang Wan Categorized?
There Are 3 Formulas In Our Drain Downward Category
How Is Run Chang Wan Used Clinically?
Run Chang Wan Usages and Indications
- Constipation primarily from blood and/or yin deficiency patterns.
- Dryness of the skin, nails, and/or hair.
Cautions and Contraindications
- Avoid during pregnancy.
- Use with caution if at all when breastfeeding as rhubarb may contribute to colic and/or diarrhea in infants.
Conditions and Patterns Potentially Related With Run Chang Wan
Run Chang Wan @ Our Yin Yang House Store
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Herbal Medicine
- Musical Gongs and Xiao Yao Wan Herbs May Help Liver Qi Stagnation and Spleen Qi Deficiency
- Successful Long Term Treatment of HIV/AIDS with Only Chinese Herbal Medicine
- Understanding How Chai Hu Shu Gan Wan Help With Depression in Epilepsy Patients (Study)
- Rhinitis Study Finds Yu Ping Feng Wan with Western Treatment Far Superior to Western Treatment Alone
- Zuo Jin Wan Chinese Herbal Formula Found Helpful in Gastric (Stomach) Cancer
- Effects of You Gui Wan and Zuo Gui Wan Herbal Formulas on Encephalomyelitis
- Basic Guidelines For Choosing An Appropriate Herbal Formula
- Study Explores Beneficial Effects of Popular Chinese Herbal Formula on Diabetic Retinopathy
- TCM Herbal Formula Zeng Ye Tang Found Useful Against Primary Sjogren's Syndrome
- Treating Low Testosterone with Chinese Medicine (Herbal Medicine, Acupuncture and Moxibustion)
Run Chang Wan Has 4Ingredients
Appears in the Herbs That Invigorate Blood category
- Breaks up blood stasis (important herb) - menstrual disorders, abdominal pain/masses, trauma, flank pain, lung abscess, intestinal abscess.
- Moistens intestines, unblock bowels - constipation due to dry intestines.
This formula has cautions, see details
Appears in the Herbs That Drain Downward category
- Drains heat and purges accumulations - high fever, profuse sweating, thirst, constipation, abdominal distention and pain, delirium, yellow tongue coating, full pulse which indicates intestinal heat excess or yang ming stage illness.
- Drains heat from the blood - blood in the stool from bleeding hemorrhoids or heat in the intestine; vomting blood or nosebleed accompanied by constipation; painful eyes or fire toxin sores due to heat in the blood level.
- Drains damp-heat via the stool - jaundice, dysentery, lin syndrome.
- Invigorates the blood and dispels blood stasis - amenorrhea, abdominal masses, fixed pain due to blood stasis (recent and long-term blood stasis).
- Clears heat and reduces fire toxicity - for burns, hot skin.
This formula has cautions, see details
Chinese Angelica Root
Appears in the Herbs That Tonify Blood category
- Tonifies the blood, regulates menses - pallid, ashen complexion, tinnitus, blurred vision, palpitations, irregular menses, amenorrhea, dysmenorrhea.
- Invigorates/harmonizes the blood, disperses cold - important herb to stop pain due to blood stasis - abdominal pain, trauma, carbuncles due to blood stasis, chronic bi.
- Moistens dry intestines due to blood deficiency.
- Reduces swellings, expels pus, generates flesh - sores.
Appears in the Herbs That Anchor, Settle and Calm The Spirit category
- Calms the spirit - palpitations, anxiety, restlessness, insomnia.
- Benefits the yin, anchors floating yang - irritable, insomnia, dizziness, headache, tinnitus, blurred vision, bad temper, red flushed face due to yin deficiency with ascending yang.
- Prevents leakage of fluids - continuous sweating in steaming bone disorder, aftermath of warm-febrile disease, spontaneous sweating, night sweats, nocturnal emission, spermatorrhea, leukorrhea, uterine bleeding.
- Softens hardness, dissipates nodules - scrofula, goiter.
- Absorbs acidity - stomach pain, sour taste in the mouth.
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about run chang wan? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
Follow, Join, and Participate
Get Our App
Join Our Email List (3-5 email updates/yr)
All Content Copyright © 1999-2019 Yin Yang House Inc