Names Of Run Chang Wan
Run Chang Wan TCM Herbal Formula
- English Name: Lubricate the Intestines Pills
- Pinyin Name: Run Chang Wan
- Alternate Names: Run Chang Tang, Peach Kernel Pills, Tao Ren Wan, Fructus Persica Pills
- Chinese Character: 润肠丸
How Is Run Chang Wan Categorized?
There Are 3 Formulas In Our Drain Downward Category
How Is Run Chang Wan Used Clinically?
Run Chang Wan Usages and Indications
- Constipation primarily from blood and/or yin deficiency patterns.
- Dryness of the skin, nails, and/or hair.
Cautions and Contraindications
- Avoid during pregnancy.
- Use with caution if at all when breastfeeding as rhubarb may contribute to colic and/or diarrhea in infants.
Conditions and Patterns Potentially Related With Run Chang Wan
Run Chang Wan @ Our Yin Yang House Store
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Herbal Medicine
- Animal Study Shows Promise for TCM Herbal Treatment of Diabetes (Yi Qi Zeng Min Tang)
- Chinese Medicine and Weight Loss
- Ye Gu Herb (Aeginetia Indica) Found To Have Anti-Cancer Benefits in Kidney/Renal Cancer Disease
- Introduction to Herbal Medicine - TCM, Western, Japanese
- Effects of You Gui Wan and Zuo Gui Wan Herbal Formulas on Encephalomyelitis
- Study Finds Fructus Schisandra Chinensis (Wu Wei Zi) Useful for Cholesterol Reduction
- Successful Long Term Treatment of HIV/AIDS with Only Chinese Herbal Medicine
- Chinese Herb Da Ji - Thistle - Found To Have Strong Beneficial Effects in Type I Diabetes
- Chinese Herbal Medicines - Teas vs. Prepared Pills/Granules - Researchers Say No Clinical Differences
- Your Own Saliva Better For Wound Healing Than Yunnan Baiyao Alone
Run Chang Wan Has 4Ingredients
Appears in the Herbs That Invigorate Blood category
- Breaks up blood stasis (important herb) - menstrual disorders, abdominal pain/masses, trauma, flank pain, lung abscess, intestinal abscess.
- Moistens intestines, unblock bowels - constipation due to dry intestines.
This formula has cautions, see details
Appears in the Herbs That Drain Downward category
- Drains heat and purges accumulations - high fever, profuse sweating, thirst, constipation, abdominal distention and pain, delirium, yellow tongue coating, full pulse which indicates intestinal heat excess or yang ming stage illness.
- Drains heat from the blood - blood in the stool from bleeding hemorrhoids or heat in the intestine; vomting blood or nosebleed accompanied by constipation; painful eyes or fire toxin sores due to heat in the blood level.
- Drains damp-heat via the stool - jaundice, dysentery, lin syndrome.
- Invigorates the blood and dispels blood stasis - amenorrhea, abdominal masses, fixed pain due to blood stasis (recent and long-term blood stasis).
- Clears heat and reduces fire toxicity - for burns, hot skin.
This formula has cautions, see details
Chinese Angelica Root
Appears in the Herbs That Tonify Blood category
- Tonifies the blood, regulates menses - pallid, ashen complexion, tinnitus, blurred vision, palpitations, irregular menses, amenorrhea, dysmenorrhea.
- Invigorates/harmonizes the blood, disperses cold - important herb to stop pain due to blood stasis - abdominal pain, trauma, carbuncles due to blood stasis, chronic bi.
- Moistens dry intestines due to blood deficiency.
- Reduces swellings, expels pus, generates flesh - sores.
Appears in the Herbs That Anchor, Settle and Calm The Spirit category
- Calms the spirit - palpitations, anxiety, restlessness, insomnia.
- Benefits the yin, anchors floating yang - irritable, insomnia, dizziness, headache, tinnitus, blurred vision, bad temper, red flushed face due to yin deficiency with ascending yang.
- Prevents leakage of fluids - continuous sweating in steaming bone disorder, aftermath of warm-febrile disease, spontaneous sweating, night sweats, nocturnal emission, spermatorrhea, leukorrhea, uterine bleeding.
- Softens hardness, dissipates nodules - scrofula, goiter.
- Absorbs acidity - stomach pain, sour taste in the mouth.
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about run chang wan? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Treatment of sudden death- grief plus shock
- Acupressure points for back pain, blue lips and numbness
- Dong Gua Ren how to use it
- Gluten allergy. Nothing helps :/
- GV 4 (in males under 20)
- Treatment of Myeloma
- What is Moxibustion...
- Leg health, veins
- Questions about cysts, tea pills, and liver enzymes
- Reoccurring Hypoglycemia
Follow, Join, and Participate
Get Our App
Join Our Email List (3-5 email updates/yr)
All Content Copyright © 1999-2019 Yin Yang House Inc