Names Of Si Miao Wan
How Is Si Miao Wan Categorized?
There Are 16 Formulas In Our Expel Dampness Category
How Is Si Miao Wan Used Clinically?
Si Miao Wan Usages and Indications
- Damp-Heat Bi-Syndromes in Chinese Medicine terms - arthritis with hot swollen joints. With the right underlying diagnosis both osteo-arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis would respond.
- Weakness and/or atrophy in the lower body with swelling.
- Leukorrhea and other heat related discharge.
Cautions and Contraindications
- Avoid in pregnancy.
- Avoid in deficiency cases.
- Generally not suitable for arthritis with cold/deficient signs.
Conditions and Patterns Potentially Related With Si Miao Wan
Si Miao Wan And Related Formulas From Our Store
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Herbal Medicine
- Three Widely Used Formulas for Cardiac Fibrosis Compared (Study)
- Widely Used Chinese Herbal Medicine Formula for IBS and Crohn's - Mechanisms Explored (Study)
- Yue Ju Wan Herbal Formula Shows Rapid Antidepressant Effect (Study)
- Ye Gu Herb (Aeginetia Indica) Found To Have Anti-Cancer Benefits in Kidney/Renal Cancer Disease
- Leonurine (Chinese Motherwort) May Be Helpful For Stroke Recovery
- Zuo Jin Wan Chinese Herbal Formula Found Helpful in Gastric (Stomach) Cancer
- Chinese Herbal Formulas and Self-Help Acupressure for Colds and Flus - Yin Qiao, Gan Mao Ling, ...
- Yunnan Baiyao Herbal Formula Found Helpful for Colitis / Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Chinese Herb, Sweetflag Rhizome, Found Protective Against Alzheimer's and Neurodegeneration
- Lavender Oil Massage Helpful for Infantile Colic
Si Miao Wan Has 4Ingredients
Amur Cork Tree Bark, Phellodendron
Appears in the Herbs That Clear Heat and Dry Dampness category
- Drains damp heat from the lower jiao - thick-yellow leukorrhea, foul-smelling diarrhea, dysentery; damp-heat pouring downward or hot leg qi - red, swollen, painful knees, legs, and/or feet; damp-heat jaundice.
- Drains kidney fire with signs of yin deficiency - steaming bone disorder, night sweats, afternoon fever and sweating, nocturnal emissions, spermatorrhea.
- Drains fire, relieves toxicity - sores and lesions of the skin.
Seeds of Job's Tears
Appears in the Herbs That Drain Dampness category
- Promotes urination, drains dampness - edema, difficult urination, damp leg qi.
- Strengthens the spleen, stops diarrhea.
- Clears heat and expels pus - carbuncles, lung or intestinal abscesses.
- Expels wind-damp, relieves joint and muscle pain.
- Clears damp-heat - any damp-heat disorder at any level with greasy tongue coating and digestive problems.
Appears in the Aromatic Herbs That Transform Dampness category
- Strongly dries dampness, strengthens spleen - low appetite, diarrhea, epigastric distention, fatigue, vomiting, greasy tongue coat.
- Expels wind-damp-cold (bi-syndrome) in extremities.
- Clears damp-heat from lower burner (combine with clear-heat herbs, however, as this has a warm nature (for example, Er Miao San) - vaginal discharge, swollen and sore joints.
- Induces sweating, release the exterior.
- Improves vision.
Appears in the Herbs That Invigorate Blood category
- Invigorates blood, expels blood stasis - dysmenorrhea, amenorrhea, lochioschesis.
- Strengthens the sinews, bones, and joints - lower back and knee issues due to deficiency (tonifies the liver and kidneys).
- Clears damp heat in the lower burner - damp-heat pouring downward manifesting as back and knee pain, w/lin.
- Brings blood downward - yin deficiency with fire or hot blood in the upper warmer, vomiting blood, toothache, nosebleed, dizziness, headache, blurred vision (yang rising).
This formula has cautions, see details
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about si miao wan? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
Follow, Join, and Participate
All Content Copyright © 1999-2018 Yin Yang House Inc