Names Of Si Miao Wan
How Is Si Miao Wan Categorized?
There Are 21 Formulas In Our Expel Dampness Category
Ba Zheng WanBi Xie Fen Qing Yin WanChen Xiang Hua Qi WanDu Huo Ji Sheng WanFang Ji Huang Qi WanHuo Xiang Zheng Qi WanJiang Dan Gu Chun WanJuan Bi WanLi Dan WanLi Niao Pai Shi WanMu Xiang Shun Qi WanPing Wei WanSan Jin WanSi Miao WanWu Lin San WanWu Ling San WanXi Guan Jie Bi Tong WanXiao Huo Luo WanYu Dai WanZhuang Gu Guan Jie WanZuo Gu Shen Jing Tong Wan
How Is Si Miao Wan Used Clinically?
Si Miao Wan Usages and Indications
- Damp-Heat Bi-Syndromes in Chinese Medicine terms - arthritis with hot swollen joints. With the right underlying diagnosis both osteo-arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis would respond.
- Weakness and/or atrophy in the lower body with swelling.
- Leukorrhea and other heat related discharge.
Cautions and Contraindications
- Avoid in pregnancy.
- Avoid in deficiency cases.
- Generally not suitable for arthritis with cold/deficient signs.
Conditions and Patterns Potentially Related With Si Miao Wan
Si Miao Wan @ Our Yin Yang House Store
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Herbal Medicine
- The Biochemistry Of How Moxibustion Aids Post-Infectious Irritable Bowel Syndrome (PI-IBS)
- Parkinson's Disease Yields To Basic Moxibustion Treatment (Study)
- Leonurine (Chinese Motherwort) May Be Helpful For Stroke Recovery
- Analysis of TCM Herbal Formula Xian Fang Huo Ming Yin for Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Yunnan Baiyao Herbal Formula Found Helpful for Colitis / Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Chinese Herbal Medicines - Teas vs. Prepared Pills/Granules - Researchers Say No Clinical Differences
- Chinese Herb, Sweetflag Rhizome, Found Protective Against Alzheimer's and Neurodegeneration
- Effect of Chinese Herbal Medicine on Breast Cancer
- Chinese Herbal Formula Creates Metabolic Changes in Brains of Patients with Alzheimers Disease
- Successful Long Term Treatment of HIV/AIDS with Only Chinese Herbal Medicine
Si Miao Wan Has 4Ingredients
Amur Cork Tree Bark, Phellodendron
Appears in the Herbs That Clear Heat and Dry Dampness category
- Drains damp heat from the lower jiao - thick-yellow leukorrhea, foul-smelling diarrhea, dysentery; damp-heat pouring downward or hot leg qi - red, swollen, painful knees, legs, and/or feet; damp-heat jaundice.
- Drains kidney fire with signs of yin deficiency - steaming bone disorder, night sweats, afternoon fever and sweating, nocturnal emissions, spermatorrhea.
- Drains fire, relieves toxicity - sores and lesions of the skin.
Seeds of Job's Tears
Appears in the Herbs That Drain Dampness category
- Promotes urination, drains dampness - edema, difficult urination, damp leg qi.
- Strengthens the spleen, stops diarrhea.
- Clears heat and expels pus - carbuncles, lung or intestinal abscesses.
- Expels wind-damp, relieves joint and muscle pain.
- Clears damp-heat - any damp-heat disorder at any level with greasy tongue coating and digestive problems.
Appears in the Aromatic Herbs That Transform Dampness category
- Strongly dries dampness, strengthens spleen - low appetite, diarrhea, epigastric distention, fatigue, vomiting, greasy tongue coat.
- Expels wind-damp-cold (bi-syndrome) in extremities.
- Clears damp-heat from lower burner (combine with clear-heat herbs, however, as this has a warm nature (for example, Er Miao San) - vaginal discharge, swollen and sore joints.
- Induces sweating, release the exterior.
- Improves vision.
Appears in the Herbs That Invigorate Blood category
- Invigorates blood, expels blood stasis - dysmenorrhea, amenorrhea, lochioschesis.
- Strengthens the sinews, bones, and joints - lower back and knee issues due to deficiency (tonifies the liver and kidneys).
- Clears damp heat in the lower burner - damp-heat pouring downward manifesting as back and knee pain, w/lin.
- Brings blood downward - yin deficiency with fire or hot blood in the upper warmer, vomiting blood, toothache, nosebleed, dizziness, headache, blurred vision (yang rising).
This formula has cautions, see details
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about si miao wan? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Clearing Personal Space of intrusions
- Stomach meridian? Stagnation / skin issues face
- Esophageal Motility Disorder
- Point location for extra point
- Stomach problems
- Massage and acupuncture
- How to treat Harmone imbalance in acupuncture
- Black stool indigestion
- Bacterial Vaginosis Treatment
- Hemorrhoids and anal discharge