Names Of Wu Ling San Wan
Wu Ling San Wan TCM Herbal Formula
- English Name: Five-Ingredient Powder with Poria
- Pinyin Name: Wu Ling San Wan
- Alternate Names: Shui Tuo Wu Ling Wan, Five Ling Powder Pills, Wu Ling San Teapills, Wu Ling San, Hoelen Five Herb Formula, Powder Of Five Drugs Containing Poria
- Chinese Character: 五苓散
How Is Wu Ling San Wan Categorized?
There Are 21 Formulas In Our Expel Dampness Category
Ba Zheng WanBi Xie Fen Qing Yin WanChen Xiang Hua Qi WanDu Huo Ji Sheng WanFang Ji Huang Qi WanHuo Xiang Zheng Qi WanJiang Dan Gu Chun WanJuan Bi WanLi Dan WanLi Niao Pai Shi WanMu Xiang Shun Qi WanPing Wei WanSan Jin WanSi Miao WanWu Lin San WanWu Ling San WanXi Guan Jie Bi Tong WanXiao Huo Luo WanYu Dai WanZhuang Gu Guan Jie WanZuo Gu Shen Jing Tong Wan
How Is Wu Ling San Wan Used Clinically?
Wu Ling San Wan Usages and Indications
- Generally used, often in conjunction with other formulas, as a mild-diuretic and mild spleen strengthening formula - for edema from spleen qi deficiency primarily.
Conditions and Patterns Potentially Related With Wu Ling San Wan
Wu Ling San Wan @ Our Yin Yang House Store
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Herbal Medicine
- Yunnan Baiyao Herbal Formula Found Helpful for Colitis / Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Animal Study Shows Promise for TCM Herbal Treatment of Diabetes (Yi Qi Zeng Min Tang)
- Study Explores Beneficial Effects of Popular Chinese Herbal Formula on Diabetic Retinopathy
- Introduction to Herbal Medicine - TCM, Western, Japanese
- Yi Guan Jian Herbal Formula May Aid Liver Damage
- Study Finds Xiao Yao Wan Useful for Indigestion With Depression in Perimenopausal Women
- Basic Guidelines For Choosing An Appropriate Herbal Formula
- Chinese Herb, Sweetflag Rhizome, Found Protective Against Alzheimer's and Neurodegeneration
- Study Finds Chinese Herbal Formula Yin Chen Hao Tang Protects Liver From Cholestatic Damage
- Study Finds Wu Zi Yan Zong Wan Herbal Formula Improves Sperm Production
Wu Ling San Wan Has 5Ingredients
Appears in the Herbs That Release The Exterior Wind Cold category
- Releases muscle layer and adjusts ying and wei qi levels
- Useful in wind-cold-damp bi syndromes to warm channels and disperse cold
- Resolves blood stagnation particularly from cold - dysmenorrhea
- Unblocks yang qi in the chest - shortness of breath, chest pain, palpitations
- Resolve edema and accumulation of cold phlegm
This formula has cautions, see details
Atractylodes (White) Rhizome
Appears in the Herbs That Tonify Qi category
- Tonifies the spleen, augments qi, dries dampness - diarrhea, fatigue, lack of appetite, vomiting, edema.
- Stabilizes the exterior and stops sweating - spontaneous sweating due to qi deficiency.
- Calms the fetus - arising from spleen deficiency.
Poria, China Root
Appears in the Herbs That Drain Dampness category
- Promotes urination, drains dampness, transforms phlegm - urinary difficulty, diarrhea, edema, headache, dizziness, greasy tongue coat.
- Strengthens the spleen, harmonizes the middle jiao - diarrhea, loss of appetite.
- Quiets the heart and calms the spirit - palpitations, insomnia, forgetfulness.
This formula has cautions, see details
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about wu ling san wan? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Question regarding acupuncture for emergency
- Iron constipation
- Neuro Muscular Distrophy"
- What are the points for infected boils please?
- Polyps (nasal) treatment with herbs
- Heavily rhinitis problem
- Xiao Yao san and Gui pi tan taken together with antidepressants and anxiolitic drugs
- CHAPPED LIPS, chronic
- She Xiang used?
- Auto immune disease
Follow, Join, and Participate
Join Our Email List (3-5 email updates/yr)
All Content Copyright © 1999-2019 Yin Yang House Inc