Names Of Xiang Lian Wan
Xiang Lian Wan TCM Herbal Formula
- English Name: Aucklandia and Coptis Pills
- Pinyin Name: Xiang Lian Wan
- Alternate Names: Jiang Wei Xiang Lian Wan, Jia Wei Xiang Lian Wan, Cyperus and Zedoaria Pill, Saussurea and Coptis Pills
- Chinese Character: 香连丸
How Is Xiang Lian Wan Categorized?
There Are 19 Formulas In Our Clear Heat Category
An Gong Niu Huang WanBa Wei Dai Xia FangBao Ji WanChu Kou Wei WanFu Fang Qing Dai WanFu Fang Zhen Zhu An Chuang WanGan Mao LingHuang Lian Jie Du WanHuang Lian Shang Qing WanLong Dan Xie Gan WanMa Ying LongQing Hao Bie Jia WanQing Shu Yi Qi Tang WanWu Ji Bai Feng WanXian Fang Huo Ming Yin WanXiang Lian WanXie Xin WanYi Zi WanYin Chen Hao Wan
How Is Xiang Lian Wan Used Clinically?
Xiang Lian Wan Usages and Indications
- Diarrhea expecially with bright blood or mucus and foul smelling resuling from damp heat.
- Nausea, abdominal cramps or bloating, with possible loss of appetite from damp accumulation.
- Vomitting, hiccups, excessive belching, acid reflux due to rebellious stomach qi and heat.
- The modifications in Jia Wei Xiang Lian Wan add more movement and stronger heat clearing from the base.
Cautions and Contraindications
- Use with caution during pregnancy.
Conditions and Patterns Potentially Related With Xiang Lian Wan
Xiang Lian Wan @ Our Yin Yang House Store
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Herbal Medicine
- Study Finds Shu Gan Liang Xue Herbal Formula Has Breast Cancer Anti Tumor Effect
- Musical Gongs and Xiao Yao Wan Herbs May Help Liver Qi Stagnation and Spleen Qi Deficiency
- TCM Formula Gan Mai Da Zao Wan Found Effective for "Several" Mental Health Issues
- Qing Dai Herb Found To Counter GI Problems from NSAID Use
- Double Blind Study Finds Dang Gui Wan Effective For Menopausal Symptoms (Hot Flashes, Nightsweats)
- Zuo Jin Wan Chinese Herbal Formula Found Helpful in Gastric (Stomach) Cancer
- Scorpions, Centipedes, and Hornets Nests: Chinese Herbal Medicine History
- Chinese Herbal Formula Creates Metabolic Changes in Brains of Patients with Alzheimers Disease
- Study Finds Xiao Yao Wan Useful for Indigestion With Depression in Perimenopausal Women
- Chinese Medicine and Weight Loss
What Are Some Common Combinations For Xiang Lian Wan?
Xiang Lian Wan Has 2Ingredients
Appears in the Herbs That Clear Heat and Dry Dampness category
- Drains fire, relieves toxicity - high fever, irritability, disorientation, delirium, painful, red eyes, red tongue, sore throat, boils, carbuncles, abscesses.
- Clears heat, drains dampness - for damp-heat in the stomach or intestine, diarrhea or dysenteric disorder, vomiting and/or acid regurgitation due to stomach heat.
- Clears heart fire - irritability, insomnia.
- Clears heat and stops bleeding - nosebleed, blood in the urine, stool, vomiting due to hot blood.
- Topically for red, painful eyes and ulcerations of the tongue and mouth.
Appears in the Herbs That Regulate The Qi category
- Promotes the movement of Qi, alleviates pain - stagnant qi of the stomach and/or spleen causing lack of appetite, abdominal pain, distention, nausea; liver or gallbladder qi stagnation causing flank pain, distention.
- Regulates stagnated Qi in the intestines - diarrhea, abdominal pain (common herb to treat tenesmus).
- Strengthens the spleen and prevents stagnation, used with tonifying herbs to reduce side effects.
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about xiang lian wan? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
Follow, Join, and Participate
Join Our Email List (3-5 email updates/yr)
All Content Copyright © 1999-2019 Yin Yang House Inc