Names Of Xia Ku Cao
How Is Xia Ku Cao Categorized?
Our Database Has 16 TCM Herbs In The Herbs That Drain Fire Category
How Is Xia Ku Cao Used Clinically?
Xia Ku Cao Usages and Indications
- Clears liver and brightens the eyes - ascending liver fire with red, painful, swollen eyes, headache, dizziness (stronger than Mi Meng Hua, Jue Ming Zi, Qing Xiang Zi in clearing heat).
- Clears heat and dissipates nodules - neck lumps, scrofula, lipoma, goiter, swollen glands due to phlegm fire.
- Hypertension accompanied by liver fire or yang rising.
Cautions and Contraindications
- Avoid in patients with stomach or spleen deficiency.
How Is Xia Ku Cao Prepared?
Dosage and Preparation Notes For Xia Ku Cao
- Dosage: 9-15g
- When used alone, up to 30g
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Xia Ku Cao Is Discussed
- Zuo Jin Wan Chinese Herbal Formula Found Helpful in Gastric (Stomach) Cancer
Blog Posts Concerning Herbal Medicine
- Popular Chinese Herbal Formula Found To Aid Chronic Liver Disease
- Yunnan Baiyao Herbal Formula Found Helpful for Colitis / Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Animal Study Shows Promise for TCM Herbal Treatment of Diabetes (Yi Qi Zeng Min Tang)
- Chinese Herb, Sweetflag Rhizome, Found Protective Against Alzheimer's and Neurodegeneration
- Study Finds Wu Zi Yan Zong Wan Herbal Formula Improves Sperm Production
- Double Blind Study Finds Dang Gui Wan Effective For Menopausal Symptoms (Hot Flashes, Nightsweats)
- Chinese Herb Da Ji - Thistle - Found To Have Strong Beneficial Effects in Type I Diabetes
- You Gui Wan Herbal Formula May Offer Alternative to Hormone Replacement Therapy After Oophorectomy
- Qing Dai Herb Found To Counter GI Problems from NSAID Use
Notes From Our Clinicians For Xia Ku Cao
Formulas Which Generally Contain Xia Ku Cao
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about xia ku cao? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Unable to locate both wrist tendons
- 70 y.o. woman with persistent diarrhea & other heat symptoms
- Question regarding acupuncture for emergency
- Iron constipation
- Neuro Muscular Distrophy"
- What are the points for infected boils please?
- Polyps (nasal) treatment with herbs
- Heavily rhinitis problem
- Xiao Yao san and Gui pi tan taken together with antidepressants and anxiolitic drugs
- CHAPPED LIPS, chronic
Follow, Join, and Participate
Join Our Email List (3-5 email updates/yr)
All Content Copyright © 1999-2019 Yin Yang House Inc