Names Of Xia Ku Cao
How Is Xia Ku Cao Categorized?
Our Database Has 16 TCM Herbs In The Herbs That Drain Fire Category
How Is Xia Ku Cao Used Clinically?
Xia Ku Cao Usages and Indications
- Clears liver and brightens the eyes - ascending liver fire with red, painful, swollen eyes, headache, dizziness (stronger than Mi Meng Hua, Jue Ming Zi, Qing Xiang Zi in clearing heat).
- Clears heat and dissipates nodules - neck lumps, scrofula, lipoma, goiter, swollen glands due to phlegm fire.
- Hypertension accompanied by liver fire or yang rising.
Cautions and Contraindications
- Avoid in patients with stomach or spleen deficiency.
How Is Xia Ku Cao Prepared?
Dosage and Preparation Notes For Xia Ku Cao
- Dosage: 9-15g
- When used alone, up to 30g
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Xia Ku Cao Is Discussed
- Zuo Jin Wan Chinese Herbal Formula Found Helpful in Gastric (Stomach) Cancer
Blog Posts Concerning Herbal Medicine
- Ye Gu Herb (Aeginetia Indica) Found To Have Anti-Cancer Benefits in Kidney/Renal Cancer Disease
- Analysis of TCM Herbal Formula Xian Fang Huo Ming Yin for Rheumatoid Arthritis
- TCM Herbal Formula Zeng Ye Tang Found Useful Against Primary Sjogren's Syndrome
- Double Blind Study Finds Dang Gui Wan Effective For Menopausal Symptoms (Hot Flashes, Nightsweats)
- Study Finds Yin Qiao Helpful and Safe for Children To Drop Fever
- Basic Guidelines For Choosing An Appropriate Herbal Formula
- You Gui Wan Herbal Formula May Offer Alternative to Hormone Replacement Therapy After Oophorectomy
- Scorpions, Centipedes, and Hornets Nests: Chinese Herbal Medicine History
- Yue Ju Wan Herbal Formula Shows Rapid Antidepressant Effect (Study)
Notes From Our Clinicians For Xia Ku Cao
Formulas Which Generally Contain Xia Ku Cao
Where Do I Go Next?
Follow, Join, and Participate
Get Our App
Join Our Email List (3-5 email updates/yr)
All Content Copyright © 1999-2019 Yin Yang House Inc