Names Of Xia Ku Cao
How Is Xia Ku Cao Categorized?
Our Database Has 16 TCM Herbs In The Herbs That Drain Fire Category
How Is Xia Ku Cao Used Clinically?
Xia Ku Cao Usages and Indications
- Clears liver and brightens the eyes - ascending liver fire with red, painful, swollen eyes, headache, dizziness (stronger than Mi Meng Hua, Jue Ming Zi, Qing Xiang Zi in clearing heat).
- Clears heat and dissipates nodules - neck lumps, scrofula, lipoma, goiter, swollen glands due to phlegm fire.
- Hypertension accompanied by liver fire or yang rising.
Cautions and Contraindications
- Avoid in patients with stomach or spleen deficiency.
How Is Xia Ku Cao Prepared?
Dosage and Preparation Notes For Xia Ku Cao
- Dosage: 9-15g
- When used alone, up to 30g
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Xia Ku Cao Is Discussed
- Zuo Jin Wan Chinese Herbal Formula Found Helpful in Gastric (Stomach) Cancer
Blog Posts Concerning Herbal Medicine
- Parkinson's Disease Yields To Basic Moxibustion Treatment (Study)
- The Inner Workings of Herb-Partitioned Moxibustion For Crohn's Disease
- Study Explores Anti-Asthmatic Effects Of Moxibustion
- Widely Used Chinese Herbal Medicine Formula for IBS and Crohn's - Mechanisms Explored (Study)
- Study Finds Xiao Chai Hu Tang Offers An Anti-Depressant Effect
- Study Finds Red Yeast Rice Lowers Risk Of Developing Diabetes
- Study Finds Wu Zi Yan Zong Wan Herbal Formula Improves Sperm Production
- Animal Study Shows Promise for TCM Herbal Treatment of Diabetes (Yi Qi Zeng Min Tang)
- Basic Mineral and Vitamin Supplements Could Limit Covid-19 Progression (Study)
Notes From Our Clinicians For Xia Ku Cao
Formulas Which Generally Contain Xia Ku Cao
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about xia ku cao? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums