Names Of Xia Ku Cao
How Is Xia Ku Cao Categorized?
Our Database Has 16 TCM Herbs In The Herbs That Drain Fire Category
How Is Xia Ku Cao Used Clinically?
Xia Ku Cao Usages and Indications
- Clears liver and brightens the eyes - ascending liver fire with red, painful, swollen eyes, headache, dizziness (stronger than Mi Meng Hua, Jue Ming Zi, Qing Xiang Zi in clearing heat).
- Clears heat and dissipates nodules - neck lumps, scrofula, lipoma, goiter, swollen glands due to phlegm fire.
- Hypertension accompanied by liver fire or yang rising.
Cautions and Contraindications
- Avoid in patients with stomach or spleen deficiency.
How Is Xia Ku Cao Prepared?
Dosage and Preparation Notes For Xia Ku Cao
- Dosage: 9-15g
- When used alone, up to 30g
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Xia Ku Cao Is Discussed
- Zuo Jin Wan Chinese Herbal Formula Found Helpful in Gastric (Stomach) Cancer
Blog Posts Concerning Herbal Medicine
- Ren Shen Yang Rong Wan Found Effective for Post Cancer Fatigue
- Popular Chinese Herbal Formula Found To Aid Chronic Liver Disease
- Study Explores Anti-Asthmatic Effects Of Moxibustion
- Study Finds Fructus Schisandra Chinensis (Wu Wei Zi) Useful for Cholesterol Reduction
- Musical Gongs and Xiao Yao Wan Herbs May Help Liver Qi Stagnation and Spleen Qi Deficiency
- Leonurine (Chinese Motherwort) May Be Helpful For Stroke Recovery
- Study Finds Wu Zi Yan Zong Wan Herbal Formula Improves Sperm Production
- Animal Study Shows Promise for TCM Herbal Treatment of Diabetes (Yi Qi Zeng Min Tang)
- Polygonum Multiflorum (He Shou Wu) Shows Beneficial Effect on Alzheimers Disease
Notes From Our Clinicians For Xia Ku Cao
Formulas Which Generally Contain Xia Ku Cao
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about xia ku cao? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
Follow, Join, and Participate
Get Our App
Join Our Email List (3-5 email updates/yr)
All Content Copyright © 1999-2020 Yin Yang House Inc