Names Of Zhi Zi
How Is Zhi Zi Categorized?
Our Database Has 16 TCM Herbs In The Herbs That Drain Fire Category
How Is Zhi Zi Used Clinically?
Zhi Zi Usages and Indications
- Clears heat (Heart and Liver), eliminates irritability - heat patterns with fever, restlessness, insomnia, delirium, stifling sensation in the chest.
- Drains damp heat - lin (urinary dysfunction) syndrome due to damp-heat in the lower warmer, damp-heat and constrained liver and gallbladder causing jaundice, damp-heat in the gall bladder and triple heater channels of the face - eyes, nose, sores in the mouth and face.
- Cools the blood, stops bleeding - nosebleed, blood in vomit, stool, urine; (needs to partially charred).
- Topically for blood stasis due to trauma, reduces swelling.
Cautions and Contraindications
- Avoid in patients with loose stools and/or loss of appetite due to cold from deficiency.
How Is Zhi Zi Prepared?
Dosage and Preparation Notes For Zhi Zi
- Dosage: 3-12g
Conditions Potentially Related With Zhi Zi
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Zhi Zi Is Discussed
- Yue Ju Wan Herbal Formula Shows Rapid Antidepressant Effect (Study)
- Awakening a Child From a Vegetative State with Xing Nao Kai Qiao Acupuncture
- Study Finds Chinese Herbal Formula Yin Chen Hao Tang Protects Liver From Cholestatic Damage
Blog Posts Concerning Herbal Medicine
- Study Finds Fructus Schisandra Chinensis (Wu Wei Zi) Useful for Cholesterol Reduction
- Widely Used Chinese Herbal Medicine Formula for IBS and Crohn's - Mechanisms Explored (Study)
- Successful Long Term Treatment of HIV/AIDS with Only Chinese Herbal Medicine
- Research - Benefits of Jiang Tang Wan Herbal Formula for Diabetes with Exercise & Meta-analysis
- Popular Chinese Herbal Formula Found To Aid Chronic Liver Disease
- Study Finds Red Yeast Rice Lowers Risk Of Developing Diabetes
- Bu Zhong Yi Qi Wan - Why It Helps With Chemo Related Fatigue? (Study)
Notes From Our Clinicians For Zhi Zi
Formulas Which Generally Contain Zhi Zi
Our database contains 17 TCM Formulas where Zhi Zi is generally used
- Huang Lian Jie Du Wan -Coptis Decoction To Relieve Toxicity (Clear Heat)
- Huang Lian Shang Qing Wan -Coptis Clearance Pill (Clear Heat)
- Jia Wei Gui Pi Wan -Augmented Restore The Spleen Decoction (Harmonize)
- Jia Wei Xiao Yao Wan -Free and Easy Wanderer Pills (Harmonize)
- Jiang Ya Wan -Repress The Blood Pressure Pills (Harmonize)
- Te Xiao Zao Ren An Mian Wan -Peaceful Sleep Tablets (Calm The Spirit)
- Tian Ma Gou Teng Wan -Gastrodia and Uncaria Formula (Expel Wind)
- Yin Chen Hao Wan -Artemisiae Scopariae Decoction (Clear Heat)
- Yue Ju Wan -Escape Restraint Pill (Regulate the Qi)
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about zhi zi? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums