(TJM) Traditional Japanese Medicine Theory
Japanese Acupuncture - Extraordinary Vessel (Ion Pumping Cord) Treatments - TJM Theory
Extraordinary Vessel (Ion Pumping Cord) treatments are a root (initial) treatment intending to treat the patients central imbalance. The diagnosis is made primarily from presenting signs in the patients pulse and abdomen as well as reactivity in secondary points.
This section contains a treatment protocol to apply Dr. Manaka's Extraordinary Vessel (EV) Treatments. Dr. Yoshio Manaka, famed Japanese acupuncturist and theorist, has well developed theories on the role of the extraordinary vessels within the human body and these treatments have been used with great clinical success to treat a wide range of conditions. The Ion Pumping Cords used within these treatments were originally developed to treat burns but were found to be useful in accessing the extraordinary vessels to treat other conditions as well.
The extraordinary vessel treatment follows a 3 step protocol and adjunctive techniques may be used within these steps and/or afterwards to address the patients symptomology directly.
Note: Japanese acupuncture uses sophisticated theories to determine the treatment points and methods used for each patient. The ideas within our presentation are one of many possible ways to apply these theories and treatment protocols. Before using Japanese acupuncture you should be well versed in the theories behind these protocols and trained in the many techniques unique to this style of acupuncture.
The following pages will lead you through the steps of an extraordinary vessel (ion pumping cord) acupuncture treatment:
Recent Research Posts From Our Blog
- Electroacupuncture Or Moxibustion Promote Sciatic Nerve Regeneration (Back Pain Study) (Research – Yin Yang House)
- Knocking Seasonal Allergies Out With Acupuncture (Research – Yin Yang House)
- Acupuncture Modulates the Stress Response (Research – Yin Yang House)
- Acupuncture for Spinal Cord Injury (Research – Yin Yang House)
- Acupuncture Shown To Be More Cost Effective, and Effective Overall, than NSAIDS for Chronic Low Back Pain (Research – Yin Yang House)
- Parkinson’s Disease Yields To Basic Moxibustion Treatment (Study) (Research – Yin Yang House)
- Study Finds Acupuncture Effective for Chronic Tinnitus (Research – Yin Yang House)
- Acupuncture Effective for Fibromyalgia – Pain Modulators Improved For Months Following Treatments (Research – Yin Yang House)
- Acupuncture Effective for Chemo Fatigue – 10 Trials With 1327 Patients (Research – Yin Yang House)
- Acupuncture Provides Neuroprotective Effects Against Vascular Dementia (Research – Yin Yang House)
Where Do I Go Next?
Further Exploration - Theory and Treatment
Theory & Diagnosis
Explore The Fundamentals Of Chinese Medicine, Theory, Systems, Relationships...