(TJM) Traditional Japanese Medicine Theory
Japanese Acupuncture - Extraordinary Vessel (Ion Pumping Cord) Treatments - TJM Theory
Extraordinary Vessel (Ion Pumping Cord) treatments are a root (initial) treatment intending to treat the patients central imbalance. The diagnosis is made primarily from presenting signs in the patients pulse and abdomen as well as reactivity in secondary points.
This section contains a treatment protocol to apply Dr. Manaka's Extraordinary Vessel (EV) Treatments. Dr. Yoshio Manaka, famed Japanese acupuncturist and theorist, has well developed theories on the role of the extraordinary vessels within the human body and these treatments have been used with great clinical success to treat a wide range of conditions. The Ion Pumping Cords used within these treatments were originally developed to treat burns but were found to be useful in accessing the extraordinary vessels to treat other conditions as well.
The extraordinary vessel treatment follows a 3 step protocol and adjunctive techniques may be used within these steps and/or afterwards to address the patients symptomology directly.
Note: Japanese acupuncture uses sophisticated theories to determine the treatment points and methods used for each patient. The ideas within our presentation are one of many possible ways to apply these theories and treatment protocols. Before using Japanese acupuncture you should be well versed in the theories behind these protocols and trained in the many techniques unique to this style of acupuncture.
The following pages will lead you through the steps of an extraordinary vessel (ion pumping cord) acupuncture treatment:
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Theory Is Discussed
- Motor Points Acupuncture - An Efficient Way Of Treating Muscle Imbalances
- Yue Ju Wan Herbal Formula Shows Rapid Antidepressant Effect (Study)
- Multiple Myeloma Maintained with Chinese Herbal Medicine Treatment Alone (Case Study)
- Safety of Acupuncture During Pregnancy - Exploration of the "Forbidden Points" (Study)
- Acupuncture Treatment Prognosis Guidelines
- Acupuncture Point Treatment Plan - General Point Selection Rules
- Treating Low Testosterone with Chinese Medicine (Herbal Medicine, Acupuncture and Moxibustion)
- Case Study - Anxiety (02/15/10)
- MS Treatment Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and the Sky Window Theory in TCM
- Acupuncture Treatment For Parkinson's Disease with Tuina and Tong Ren Therapy
Where Do I Go Next?
Further Exploration - Theory and Treatment
Theory & Diagnosis
Explore The Fundamentals Of Chinese Medicine, Theory, Systems, Relationships...