This page contains the abdominal presentation, treatment points and associated signs and symptoms for the Shao Yin Jue Yin Extraordinary Vessel Ion Pumping Cord Treatment. For a description of the overall treatment protocol see our Extraordinary Vessel treatment information page.
Extraordinary Vessel - Shao Yin Jue Yin Pattern
- Principle Signs:
- Fullness under the sternum
- Many times extremely hard or puffy a/or vascular spiders present
- Chronic Pain
- Shen disturbances
- Insomnia, dream-disturbed sleep
- Emotional aspects of gynecological disorders
- Medial knee pain
- Treatment Points:
- Cord Orientation depends on symptomology
- Treat bilaterally
- Emotional Issues:
- HT 5 Black --> LV 3 Red.
- For Shu Points: Check GV 12 to GV 14 area and use direct moxa 7x on the point that is closest to the most tender area - either UB 12 or UB 13.
- Medial Knee Pain:
- HT 5 Red --> LV 3 Black.
- Use HT (UB 15) and LV (UB 18) Shu Points.
Sources and More Information
The information on our site is drawn from our own lecture notes and clinical experience. The following lecture notes were used within this section:
- Iuliano, Diane: New England School of Acupuncture, Extraordinary Vessel Techniques Lecture Notes
© 2000-2018 - Yin Yang House - All Rights Reserved
Website Design and Management - Yin Yang House Media Services Group
Socialize With Us!
Love Chinese Medicine Books? We do as well! Purchase from Amazon by following the link below and a small percentage will go to supporting this resource: