This page contains the abdominal presentation, treatment points and associated signs and symptoms for the Yang Ming Extraordinary Vessel Ion Pumping Cord Treatment. For a description of the overall treatment protocol see our Extraordinary Vessel treatment information page.
Extraordinary Vessel - Yang Ming Pattern
- Principle Signs:
- CV 12 to ST 21 area
- ST 27 one or both sides
- Head issues - TMJ, Bell's Palsy, dental work, Trigeminal Neuralgia, pain/numbness
- Yangming H/A
- Dizziness, Meniere's Disease
- Lateral Knee Pain
- Treatment Points:
- Cord Orientation depends on symptomology
- Treat bilaterally
- Facial Issues:
- LI 4 Black --> ST 43 Red
- Lateral Knee Pain:
- LI 4 Red --> ST 43 Black
- Use ST (UB 21) and LI (UB 25) Shu Points
- Also Palpate around UB 21 area looking for indurations - needle and vibrate needle to break up the induration, before removing neeedle wait until the jaki (evil qi) congeals and then remove slowly pulling all the jaki out with the needle.
Sources and More Information
The information on our site is drawn from our own lecture notes and clinical experience. The following lecture notes were used within this section:
- Iuliano, Diane: New England School of Acupuncture, Extraordinary Vessel Techniques Lecture Notes
© 2000-2017 - Yin Yang House - All Rights Reserved
Website Design and Management - Yin Yang House Media Services Group
Socialize With Us!