(TJM) Traditional Japanese Medicine Theory
Dr. Yoshio Manaka Japanse Acupuncture Burn Treatment - TJM Theory
This page contains the treatment protocol for burn victims as developed by Dr. Yoshio Manaka. Dr. Manaka has used this protocol in hospitals to treat 1st and 2nd degree burns. This protocol has proven useful in less serious cases such as those involving sunburn as well.
- Note: If you have a serious burn you should consult a medical professional. The information provided within this section should only be used by licensed professionals who are well versed in the practice of Manaka's techniques.
- Cover the burn area with sterilized foil or aluminum foil - tape down the sides and tent it so that it isn't touching the burn directly
- Needle a distal point that is somehow related to the burn area, generally on the opposite side of the body and attach the red clip. The point-area relationship can be an extraordinary vessel relationship, five element relationship or any other clinically valid relationship. An example would needling GB 41 for a burn in the TH 5 area.
- Attach the Black Clip to the foil
- Retain needles for approximately 10-20 minutes. The pain of the burn should cease once the cord is connected, or within a few minutes.
- For multiple burns treat them with separate treatments
Sources and More Information
The information on our site is drawn from our own lecture notes and clinical experience. The following lecture notes were used within this section:
- Iuliano, Diane: New England School of Acupuncture, Extraordinary Vessel Techniques Lecture Notes
- Kuwahara, Koei: New England School of Acupuncture, Advanced Japanese Techniques Lecture Notes
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Theory Is Discussed
- Chinese Medicine Lifestyle And Herbal Approaches To The Coronavirus
- Motor Points Acupuncture - An Efficient Way Of Treating Muscle Imbalances
- Yue Ju Wan Herbal Formula Shows Rapid Antidepressant Effect (Study)
- Multiple Myeloma Maintained with Chinese Herbal Medicine Treatment Alone (Case Study)
- Safety of Acupuncture During Pregnancy - Exploration of the "Forbidden Points" (Study)
- Acupuncture Treatment Prognosis Guidelines
- Acupuncture Point Treatment Plan - General Point Selection Rules
- Treating Low Testosterone with Chinese Medicine (Herbal Medicine, Acupuncture and Moxibustion)
- Case Study - Anxiety (02/15/10)
- MS Treatment Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and the Sky Window Theory in TCM
Where Do I Go Next?
Further Exploration - Theory and Treatment
Theory & Diagnosis
Explore The Fundamentals Of Chinese Medicine, Theory, Systems, Relationships...