Traditional Chinese Medicine Diagnosis - Heart Fire
Below you will find theoretical and clinical applications information related to heart fire. We have created associations based on clinical experience that lead to possible treatment approaches with acupuncture points, individual herbs, TCM formulas, and more.
Heart Fire - Basics
Palpitations, thirst, tongue/mouth ulcers, restlessness, red complexion, bitter taste in the mouth (esp. if after a poor night of sleep, if during day may be more LV), other heat signs.
Red w/yellow coat, red points on tipTongue Dx
Full, rapid, overflowing (esp. in HT position)Pulse Dx
3 Points Are Empirically Important For Heart Fire
Heart Fire - Conditions and Other Possible TCM Diagnoses
The Chinese Medicine treatment of heart fire generally involves being certain that this pattern is the proper diagnosis. Each pattern may have multiple conditions and each condition may arise from one or more patterns (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following 1 conditions may arise from heart fire . Each condition is listed with other possible patterns to expand diagnostic possibilities.
|Conditions||Other Possible Patterns|
|Insomnia||· Liver Fire · Liver and Gallbladder Damp Heat · Heart Qi Deficiency · Spleen Qi Deficiency|
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Heart Fire Is Discussed
- A Discussion of the Five Element Theory and Applications to Life - Seasons, Diet, Relations and Wellbeing
Blog Posts Concerning Acupuncture
- Sleep Links To Blood Pressure - Theory and Acupuncture Treatment of Insomnia and Hypertension
- Acupuncture for Parkinson's Disease - Mechanisms Explored, Safer Than Rapamycin
- My Kidneys Are What?
- Acupuncture Outperforms Glucosamine HCL over the Long-Term for Knee Osteoarthritis
- Acupuncture for Insomnia - Mechanisms Explored
- Exploring the "how" of acupuncture - infrared radiation spectrum to illustrate point activity
- Randomized Controlled Clinical Trial Finds Acupuncture Superior to Medication for Treatment of Migraines
- Comparison of Acupuncture Techniques in Stroke Recovery
- How Acupuncture Helps With Chemo Induced Nausea and Vomiting (Study)
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about heart fire? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- What type of treatment works best for the lymphatic system?
- Gastroisofagial reflux
- What does the constant feeling of wet feet mean?
- Liu wei huang wan caused spleen/stomach issue
- Itch after moxa at Du 14
- Maintenance Sleep (Insomnia)
- Severe (partially low) back pain/spinal bone spur
- Neurological disorders
- Getting worse after accupressure
- Urgent help! Need guidance on Suo Quan Wan
Further Exploration - Theory and Treatments
Theory & Diagnosis
Explore The Fundamentals Of Chinese Medicine, Theory, Systems, Relationships...