Traditional Chinese Medicine Diagnosis - Kidney Yang Deficiency
Below you will find theoretical and clinical applications information related to kidney yang deficiency. We have created associations based on clinical experience that lead to possible treatment approaches with acupuncture points, individual herbs, TCM formulas, and more.
Kidney Yang Deficiency - Basics
Sore a/or weak back/knees, sensation of cold, aversion to cold, weak lower limbs, lassitude, clear copious urine, poor appetite, loose stools, edema (which can be severe).
Pale, swollen, wet possibly a white coat with strong water signs.Tongue Dx
Deep, weak possibly slow with strong water signs.Pulse Dx
5 Points Are Empirically Important For Kidney Yang Deficiency
Potential Formulas For The Treatment Of Kidney Yang Deficiency
The following 11 TCM Formulas are empirically related to the treatment of Kidney Yang Deficiency
- Bi Xie Feng Qing Yin Wan (Dioscorea Formula To Separate The Clear) Expel Dampness
- Bu Yang Huan Wu Wan (Tonify Yang To Restore Five Tenths Decoction) Invigorate the Blood
- Si Ni Tang Wan (Frigid Extremities Formula) Warm Interior Cold
- Su Zi Jiang Qi Wan (Perilla Fruit Pill to Direct Qi Downward) Regulate the Qi
Kidney Yang Deficiency - Formulas From Our Store
The following herbal formulas are potentially useful in the process of treating kidney yang deficiency. For a complete list from our store with more details see our kidney yang deficiency formula section.
- Er Xian Wan
- Bu Yang Huan Wu Wan
- Sun Ten Yang Essentials Formula
- Bi Xie Fen Qing Yin Wan
- Qiang Li Zuo Gu Shen Jing Tong Wan
- Suo Quan Ye Niao Wan
- Zuo Gu Shen Jing Tong Wan
- Zhuang Yang Wan
- Zhuang Gu Guan Jie Wan
- You Gui Wan
Kidney Yang Deficiency - Conditions and Other Possible TCM Diagnoses
The Chinese Medicine treatment of kidney yang deficiency generally involves being certain that this pattern is the proper diagnosis. Each pattern may have multiple conditions and each condition may arise from one or more patterns (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following 38 conditions may arise from kidney yang deficiency . Each condition is listed with other possible patterns to expand diagnostic possibilities.
Posts From Our Blog Regarding Kidney Yang Deficiency
- Electroacupuncture Or Moxibustion Promote Sciatic Nerve Regeneration (Back Pain Study) (Research – Yin Yang House)
- Knocking Seasonal Allergies Out With Acupuncture (Research – Yin Yang House)
- Acupuncture Modulates the Stress Response (Research – Yin Yang House)
- Acupuncture for Spinal Cord Injury (Research – Yin Yang House)
- Acupuncture Shown To Be More Cost Effective, and Effective Overall, than NSAIDS for Chronic Low Back Pain (Research – Yin Yang House)
- Parkinson’s Disease Yields To Basic Moxibustion Treatment (Study) (Research – Yin Yang House)
- Study Finds Acupuncture Effective for Chronic Tinnitus (Research – Yin Yang House)
- Acupuncture Effective for Fibromyalgia – Pain Modulators Improved For Months Following Treatments (Research – Yin Yang House)
- Acupuncture Effective for Chemo Fatigue – 10 Trials With 1327 Patients (Research – Yin Yang House)
- Acupuncture Provides Neuroprotective Effects Against Vascular Dementia (Research – Yin Yang House)
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about kidney yang deficiency? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
Further Exploration - Theory and Treatments
Theory & Diagnosis
Explore The Fundamentals Of Chinese Medicine, Theory, Systems, Relationships...