Traditional Chinese Medicine Diagnosis - Liver Qi Stagnation
Below you will find theoretical and clinical applications information related to liver qi stagnation. We have created associations based on clinical experience that lead to possible treatment approaches with acupuncture points, individual herbs, TCM formulas, and more.
Liver Qi Stagnation - Basics
Chest distention, hypochondriac pain a/or distention, sighing, nausea, vomiting, poor appetite, diarrhea, depression, moodiness, plum pit qi, PMS, breast tenderness, painful a/or irregular menstruation.
20 Points Are Empirically Important For Liver Qi Stagnation
2 TCM Herbs Are Empirically Important For Liver Qi Stagnation
Potential Formulas For The Treatment Of Liver Qi Stagnation
The following 21 TCM Formulas are empirically related to the treatment of Liver Qi Stagnation
- Ban Xia Bai Zhu Tian Ma Wan (Pinellia, Atractylodis and Gastrodia Combination) Treat Phlegm
- Ban Xia Hou Po Wan (Pinellia & Magnolia Pills) Regulate the Qi
- Chai Hu Jia Long Gu Mu Li Wan (Bupleurum, Dragon Bone, and Oyster Shell Formula) Calm The Spirit
- Chai Hu Shu Gan Wan (Bupleurum Powder to Spread the Liver) Harmonize
- Da Bu Gan Wan (Major Liver Nutrition Pills) Harmonize
- Die Da Wan (Trauma Healing Pill) Invigorate the Blood
- Gan Bing Zhi Ben Wan (Liver Disease Recovery Pills) Regulate the Qi
- Gan Mai Da Zao Wan (Licorice, Wheat, and Jujube Formula) Calm The Spirit
- Ge Xia Zhu Yu Wan (Drive Out Blood Stasis Below The Diaphragm Decoction) Invigorate the Blood
- Jia Wei Gui Pi Wan (Augmented Restore The Spleen Decoction) Harmonize
- Jia Wei Xiao Yao Wan (Free and Easy Wanderer Pills) Harmonize
- Jiang Ya Wan (Repress The Blood Pressure Pills) Harmonize
- Shu Gan Wan (Liver Comfort Pills) Harmonize
- Si Ni San Wan (Frigid Extremities Powder Pills) Harmonize
- Xiao Chai Hu Tang Wan (Minor Bupleurum Decoction) Harmonize
- Xiao Yao Wan (Free and Easy Wanderer) Harmonize
- Xue Fu Zhu Yu Wan (Blood Stasis Relief Pills) Invigorate the Blood
Liver Qi Stagnation - Conditions and Other Possible TCM Diagnoses
The Chinese Medicine treatment of liver qi stagnation generally involves being certain that this pattern is the proper diagnosis. Each pattern may have multiple conditions and each condition may arise from one or more patterns (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following 41 conditions may arise from liver qi stagnation . Each condition is listed with other possible patterns to expand diagnostic possibilities.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Liver Qi Stagnation Is Discussed
- Acupuncture vs. Xanax for Insomnia - Study Finds Acupuncture Nearly Twice As Effective Long-Term
- Meditation Found Beneficial For Glaucoma - The Liver and the Eyes in Chinese Medicine
- Eight Brocades Qigong Practitioners Experience Health Improvements Beyond Normal Exercise (Study)
- Yue Ju Wan Herbal Formula Shows Rapid Antidepressant Effect (Study)
- Acupuncture Resolves Menstrual Cramps Regardless of Treatment Frequency and Technique
- Pulse Diagnosis in Chinese Medicine - Starting A Modern Scientific Method
- TCM Formula Gan Mai Da Zao Wan Found Effective for "Several" Mental Health Issues
- How LI 11 and ST 37 Acupuncture Points Alleviate Constipation
- Understanding How Chai Hu Shu Gan Wan Help With Depression in Epilepsy Patients (Study)
- Acupuncture Faster with Less Side Effects Than Prozac for Post-Stroke Depression (Study)
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about liver qi stagnation? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Question on the Liver Meridian
- Yin Channel - Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Cure for dyslexia
- Question regarding pancreas weak
- Unexplained multiple miscarriages
- An Shen Bu Xin formulas
- Common Acupressure Points for Self-Treatment - discussion (2019-08-25 08:29:15am)q
- What can I do for retina detachment? Please help!
- Coconut water warming or cooling?
- Chronic UTI's in elderly women.
Further Exploration - Theory and Treatments
Theory & Diagnosis
Explore The Fundamentals Of Chinese Medicine, Theory, Systems, Relationships...