Traditional Chinese Medicine Diagnosis - Liver Qi Stagnation
Below you will find theoretical and clinical applications information related to liver qi stagnation. We have created associations based on clinical experience that lead to possible treatment approaches with acupuncture points, individual herbs, TCM formulas, and more.
Liver Qi Stagnation - Basics
Chest distention, hypochondriac pain a/or distention, sighing, nausea, vomiting, poor appetite, diarrhea, depression, moodiness, plum pit qi, PMS, breast tenderness, painful a/or irregular menstruation.
20 Points Are Empirically Important For Liver Qi Stagnation
2 TCM Herbs Are Empirically Important For Liver Qi Stagnation
Potential Formulas For The Treatment Of Liver Qi Stagnation
The following 20 TCM Formulas are empirically related to the treatment of Liver Qi Stagnation
- Ban Xia Bai Zhu Tian Ma Wan (Pinellia, Atractylodis and Gastrodia Combination) Treat Phlegm
- Ban Xia Hou Po Wan (Pinellia & Magnolia Pills) Regulate the Qi
- Chai Hu Jia Long Gu Mu Li Wan (Bupleurum, Dragon Bone, and Oyster Shell Formula) Calm The Spirit
- Chai Hu Shu Gan Wan (Bupleurum Powder to Spread the Liver) Harmonize
- Da Bu Gan Wan (Major Liver Nutrition Pills) Harmonize
- Die Da Wan (Trauma Healing Pill) Invigorate the Blood
- Gan Bing Zhi Ben Wan (Liver Disease Recovery Pills) Regulate the Qi
- Gan Mai Da Zao Wan (Licorice, Wheat, and Jujube Formula) Calm The Spirit
- Ge Xia Zhu Yu Wan (Drive Out Blood Stasis Below The Diaphragm Decoction) Invigorate the Blood
- Jia Wei Gui Pi Wan (Augmented Restore The Spleen Decoction) Harmonize
- Jia Wei Xiao Yao Wan (Free and Easy Wanderer Pills) Harmonize
- Shu Gan Wan (Liver Comfort Pills) Harmonize
- Si Ni San Wan (Frigid Extremities Powder Pills) Harmonize
- Xiao Chai Hu Tang Wan (Minor Bupleurum Decoction) Harmonize
- Xiao Yao Wan (Free and Easy Wanderer) Harmonize
- Xue Fu Zhu Yu Wan (Blood Stasis Relief Pills) Invigorate the Blood
Liver Qi Stagnation - Formulas From Our Store
The following herbal formulas are potentially useful in the process of treating liver qi stagnation. For a complete list from our store with more details see our liver qi stagnation formula section.
- Yue Ju Wan
- Quiet Calm Liquid Extract – Pediatric
- Yin Chen Hao Wan
- Sorig Tibetan Stress Incense
- Si Ni San Wan
- Yi Guan Jian Wan
- Xiao Yao Wan
- Xiao Chai Hu Tang Wan
- Shu Gan Wan
- Pian Tou Tong Wan
Liver Qi Stagnation - Conditions and Other Possible TCM Diagnoses
The Chinese Medicine treatment of liver qi stagnation generally involves being certain that this pattern is the proper diagnosis. Each pattern may have multiple conditions and each condition may arise from one or more patterns (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following 41 conditions may arise from liver qi stagnation . Each condition is listed with other possible patterns to expand diagnostic possibilities.
Posts From Our Blog Regarding Liver Qi Stagnation
- Electroacupuncture Or Moxibustion Promote Sciatic Nerve Regeneration (Back Pain Study) (Research – Yin Yang House)
- Knocking Seasonal Allergies Out With Acupuncture (Research – Yin Yang House)
- Acupuncture Modulates the Stress Response (Research – Yin Yang House)
- Acupuncture for Spinal Cord Injury (Research – Yin Yang House)
- Acupuncture Shown To Be More Cost Effective, and Effective Overall, than NSAIDS for Chronic Low Back Pain (Research – Yin Yang House)
- Parkinson’s Disease Yields To Basic Moxibustion Treatment (Study) (Research – Yin Yang House)
- Study Finds Acupuncture Effective for Chronic Tinnitus (Research – Yin Yang House)
- Acupuncture Effective for Fibromyalgia – Pain Modulators Improved For Months Following Treatments (Research – Yin Yang House)
- Acupuncture Effective for Chemo Fatigue – 10 Trials With 1327 Patients (Research – Yin Yang House)
- Acupuncture Provides Neuroprotective Effects Against Vascular Dementia (Research – Yin Yang House)
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about liver qi stagnation? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
Further Exploration - Theory and Treatments
Theory & Diagnosis
Explore The Fundamentals Of Chinese Medicine, Theory, Systems, Relationships...