Traditional Chinese Medicine Diagnosis - Lung Dampness - Phlegm Cold
Below you will find theoretical and clinical applications information related to lung dampness - phlegm cold. We have created associations based on clinical experience that lead to possible treatment approaches with acupuncture points, individual herbs, TCM formulas, and more.
Lung Dampness - Phlegm Cold - Basics
Chronic cough which comes in bouts, profuse white sputum that is easy to expectorate, fullness of the chest, asthma is possible, can be either a chronic or acute condition.
Thick sticky white coat.Tongue Dx
Slippery or Weak, floating & fine.Pulse Dx
1 Point Is Empirically Important For Lung Dampness - Phlegm Cold
Potential Formulas For The Treatment Of Lung Dampness - Phlegm Cold
The following 5 TCM Formulas are empirically related to the treatment of Lung Dampness - Phlegm Cold
- Er Chen He San Zi Yang Qin Wan (Two Aged Herbs & Three Seeds Nursing Pills) Treat Phlegm
- Er Chen Wan (Two Aged Herbs) Treat Phlegm
- Jing Fang Bai Du Wan (Schizonepeta and Siler Powder to Overcome Pathogenic Influences) Release the Exterior
Lung Dampness - Phlegm Cold - Conditions and Other Possible TCM Diagnoses
The Chinese Medicine treatment of lung dampness - phlegm cold generally involves being certain that this pattern is the proper diagnosis. Each pattern may have multiple conditions and each condition may arise from one or more patterns (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following 9 conditions may arise from lung dampness - phlegm cold . Each condition is listed with other possible patterns to expand diagnostic possibilities.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Acupuncture
- Introduction to Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine
- Study Recommends Acupuncture to Improve Quality of Life in Advanced Cancer Patients
- Warm Moxibustion Found Most Effective for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (Study)
- PC 6 Aids Short Term Stress Induced Memory Loss
- Knocking Seasonal Allergies Out With Acupuncture
- What is Moxibustion...? and other techniques "acupuncturists" use
- Meta Analysis Finds Acupuncture Superior to Medicine for Optic Nerve Atrophy
- Study Finds Acupuncture Effective for Chronic Tinnitus
- Acupuncture Shown To Be More Cost Effective, and Effective Overall, than NSAIDS for Chronic Low Back Pain
- Moxibustion Found To Suppress Colon Inflammation in Ulcerative Colitis
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about lung dampness - phlegm cold? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- What type of treatment works best for the lymphatic system?
- Gastroisofagial reflux
- What does the constant feeling of wet feet mean?
- Liu wei huang wan caused spleen/stomach issue
- Itch after moxa at Du 14
- Maintenance Sleep (Insomnia)
- Severe (partially low) back pain/spinal bone spur
- Neurological disorders
- Getting worse after accupressure
- Urgent help! Need guidance on Suo Quan Wan
Further Exploration - Theory and Treatments
Theory & Diagnosis
Explore The Fundamentals Of Chinese Medicine, Theory, Systems, Relationships...