Traditional Chinese Medicine Diagnosis - Lung Yin Deficiency
Below you will find theoretical and clinical applications information related to lung yin deficiency. We have created associations based on clinical experience that lead to possible treatment approaches with acupuncture points, individual herbs, TCM formulas, and more.
Lung Yin Deficiency - Basics
Dry cough possibly w/blood tinged sputum, dry throat a/or mouth, hoarseness, night sweats, mallor flush.
Red, no coat, probably peeled, horizontal cracks in the LU area possible.Tongue Dx
Thin, rapid or Floating, empty.Pulse Dx
2 Points Are Empirically Important For Lung Yin Deficiency
3 TCM Herbs Are Empirically Important For Lung Yin Deficiency
Potential Formulas For The Treatment Of Lung Yin Deficiency
The following 8 TCM Formulas are empirically related to the treatment of Lung Yin Deficiency
- Bai He Gu Jin Wan (Lily Bulb to Preserve the Metal) Treat Dryness
- Bu Fei Er Jiao Wan (Tonify the Lungs Formula with Gelatin) Treat Dryness
- Sha Shen Mai Dong Wan (Glehnia and Ophiopogonis Decoction) Treat Dryness
- Sheng Mai San Wan (Generate the Pulse Pills) Tonify
- Sheng Mai Yin Wan (Replenish Pulse Pills) Tonify
Lung Yin Deficiency - Conditions and Other Possible TCM Diagnoses
The Chinese Medicine treatment of lung yin deficiency generally involves being certain that this pattern is the proper diagnosis. Each pattern may have multiple conditions and each condition may arise from one or more patterns (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following 7 conditions may arise from lung yin deficiency . Each condition is listed with other possible patterns to expand diagnostic possibilities.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Acupuncture
- The Treatment of High Cholesterol with Chinese Medicine and the Tam Healing System
- Meta-Analysis Finds Acupuncture with Moxibustion Most Effective Treatment for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS)
- Study Finds Acupuncture Superior To Claritin For Allergic Rhinitis
- Acupuncture for Tinnitus - Study Shows Positive Results
- Quality of Life Improvements from Acupuncture with Musculoskeletal Complaints
- Auricular and Body Acupuncture Both Lower Preoperative Anxiety
- Tools for Reading Complementary and Alternative Medicine Research
- Electro Acupuncture Helpful to Reduce Post-Operative Pain Following Spinal Surgery
- Acupuncture for Parkinson's Disease - Mechanisms Explored, Safer Than Rapamycin
- Knocking Seasonal Allergies Out With Acupuncture
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about lung yin deficiency? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
Further Exploration - Theory and Treatments
Theory & Diagnosis
Explore The Fundamentals Of Chinese Medicine, Theory, Systems, Relationships...