Traditional Chinese Medicine Diagnosis - Lung Yin Deficiency
Below you will find theoretical and clinical applications information related to lung yin deficiency. We have created associations based on clinical experience that lead to possible treatment approaches with acupuncture points, individual herbs, TCM formulas, and more.
Lung Yin Deficiency - Basics
Dry cough possibly w/blood tinged sputum, dry throat a/or mouth, hoarseness, night sweats, mallor flush.
Red, no coat, probably peeled, horizontal cracks in the LU area possible.Tongue Dx
Thin, rapid or Floating, empty.Pulse Dx
2 Points Are Empirically Important For Lung Yin Deficiency
3 TCM Herbs Are Empirically Important For Lung Yin Deficiency
Potential Formulas For The Treatment Of Lung Yin Deficiency
The following 6 TCM Formulas are empirically related to the treatment of Lung Yin Deficiency
- Bai He Gu Jin Wan (Lily Bulb to Preserve the Metal) Treat Dryness
- Bu Fei Er Jiao Wan (Tonify the Lungs Formula with Gelatin) Treat Dryness
- Sha Shen Mai Dong Wan (Glehnia and Ophiopogonis Decoction) Treat Dryness
- Sheng Mai San Wan (Generate the Pulse Pills) Tonify
- Sheng Mai Yin Wan (Replenish Pulse Pills) Tonify
Lung Yin Deficiency - Formulas From Our Store
The following herbal formulas are potentially useful in the process of treating lung yin deficiency. For a complete list from our store with more details see our lung yin deficiency formula section.
- Bu Fei Er Jiao Wan
- Sha Shen Mai Dong Wan
- Honey Loquat Cough Drops
- Sheng Mai Yin Wan
- Gu Ben Wan
- Honey Loquat Cough Syrup
- Bai He Gu Jin Wan
Lung Yin Deficiency - Conditions and Other Possible TCM Diagnoses
The Chinese Medicine treatment of lung yin deficiency generally involves being certain that this pattern is the proper diagnosis. Each pattern may have multiple conditions and each condition may arise from one or more patterns (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following 7 conditions may arise from lung yin deficiency . Each condition is listed with other possible patterns to expand diagnostic possibilities.
Posts From Our Blog Regarding Lung Yin Deficiency
- Electroacupuncture Or Moxibustion Promote Sciatic Nerve Regeneration (Back Pain Study) (Research – Yin Yang House)
- Knocking Seasonal Allergies Out With Acupuncture (Research – Yin Yang House)
- Acupuncture Modulates the Stress Response (Research – Yin Yang House)
- Acupuncture for Spinal Cord Injury (Research – Yin Yang House)
- Acupuncture Shown To Be More Cost Effective, and Effective Overall, than NSAIDS for Chronic Low Back Pain (Research – Yin Yang House)
- Parkinson’s Disease Yields To Basic Moxibustion Treatment (Study) (Research – Yin Yang House)
- Study Finds Acupuncture Effective for Chronic Tinnitus (Research – Yin Yang House)
- Acupuncture Effective for Fibromyalgia – Pain Modulators Improved For Months Following Treatments (Research – Yin Yang House)
- Acupuncture Effective for Chemo Fatigue – 10 Trials With 1327 Patients (Research – Yin Yang House)
- Acupuncture Provides Neuroprotective Effects Against Vascular Dementia (Research – Yin Yang House)
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about lung yin deficiency? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- What is the uses of weizhong point in bladder meridian?
- Can acupuncture cause hair loss?
- Diarrhea and cramping on empty stomach
- Nasal drainage abnormal?
- Pelvis and lower lumbar pain
- Bone Spurs Feet
- Air in abdomen around CV4/5
- How to treat breast lumps in acupuncture
- Chinese pronunciation
- Pancreatic Carcinoma treatment in TCM
Further Exploration - Theory and Treatments
Theory & Diagnosis
Explore The Fundamentals Of Chinese Medicine, Theory, Systems, Relationships...