Traditional Chinese Medicine Diagnosis - Phlegm Fire
Below you will find theoretical and clinical applications information related to phlegm fire. We have created associations based on clinical experience that lead to possible treatment approaches with acupuncture points, individual herbs, TCM formulas, and more.
Phlegm Fire - Basics
More serious than HT Fire, mental confusion, lack of mental clarity, palpitations, restlessness, incoherent speech, rash behavior, tendency towards hitting a/or scolding people, uncontrollable laughter a/or crying, manic depression, asphasia (in extreme cases).
Red w/yellow greasy coat, possibly red points on tip a/or a deep midline crack running to the tip.Tongue Dx
Full, slipperyPulse Dx
Potential Formulas For The Treatment Of Phlegm Fire
The following 3 TCM Formulas are empirically related to the treatment of Phlegm Fire
Phlegm Fire - Conditions and Other Possible TCM Diagnoses
The Chinese Medicine treatment of phlegm fire generally involves being certain that this pattern is the proper diagnosis. Each pattern may have multiple conditions and each condition may arise from one or more patterns (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following 1 conditions may arise from phlegm fire . Each condition is listed with other possible patterns to expand diagnostic possibilities.
|Conditions||Other Possible Patterns|
|Chest Pain||· Liver Qi Stagnation · Liver Cold Stagnation · Phlegm Stagnation · Blood Stagnation|
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Acupuncture
- Acupuncture Anesthesia Research
- Acupuncture For Female Patients With Rheumatoid Arthritis Helps Avoid Endometriosis
- Acupuncture is not a placebo effect
- Best Auricular Acupuncture Areas for Unilateral Migraines
- fMRI Study Shows Brain Changes from Acupuncture
- Moxibustion May Be Helpful for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Safety of Acupuncture During Pregnancy - Exploration of the "Forbidden Points" (Study)
- Study Finds Electroacupuncture Leads To Stronger Changes Than Standard Acupuncture in Stroke Rehabilitation
- Insights Into How Acupuncture Works - Brachial Artery Changes From Acupuncture
- Acupuncture as an alternative to an epidural for labor pain (Study)
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about phlegm fire? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
Further Exploration - Theory and Treatments
Theory & Diagnosis
Explore The Fundamentals Of Chinese Medicine, Theory, Systems, Relationships...