Traditional Chinese Medicine Diagnosis - Phlegm Stagnation
Below you will find theoretical and clinical applications information related to phlegm stagnation. We have created associations based on clinical experience that lead to possible treatment approaches with acupuncture points, individual herbs, TCM formulas, and more.
Phlegm Stagnation - Basics
Heaviness of the head/body, dizziness, poor appetite, stuffy chest, excessive mucus, poor health, pain that is fixed, stabbing a/or severe, dark complexion, fixed masses, bleeding w/clots, purple lips/nails.
Purple, sticky coat.Tongue Dx
Slippery, choppy.Pulse Dx
1 Point Is Empirically Important For Phlegm Stagnation
Potential Formulas For The Treatment Of Phlegm Stagnation
Phlegm Stagnation - Conditions and Other Possible TCM Diagnoses
The Chinese Medicine treatment of phlegm stagnation generally involves being certain that this pattern is the proper diagnosis. Each pattern may have multiple conditions and each condition may arise from one or more patterns (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following 21 conditions may arise from phlegm stagnation . Each condition is listed with other possible patterns to expand diagnostic possibilities.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Acupuncture
- My Liver is What?
- Acupuncture Treatment Prognosis Guidelines
- Acupuncture, Pricking, and Cupping Effective for Treatment of Shingles (Herpes Zoster)
- Research Shows Acupuncture Can Benefit Both Cognitive Performance and Neural Plasticity
- Study Finds Electroacupuncture Leads To Stronger Changes Than Standard Acupuncture in Stroke Rehabilitation
- What is Cupping...? and other techniques "acupuncturists" use
- Meta-Analysis Finds Acupuncture with Moxibustion Most Effective Treatment for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS)
- Acupuncture and Neuroplasticity in Stroke
- Electroacupuncture for Knee Osteoarthritis Found Effective - High Intensity Better Than Low
- Is Acupuncture Chinese?, A Pseudoscience?, A Religion?
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about phlegm stagnation? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
Further Exploration - Theory and Treatments
Theory & Diagnosis
Explore The Fundamentals Of Chinese Medicine, Theory, Systems, Relationships...