Traditional Chinese Medicine Diagnosis - Spleen and Stomach Damp Heat
Below you will find theoretical and clinical applications information related to spleen and stomach damp heat. We have created associations based on clinical experience that lead to possible treatment approaches with acupuncture points, individual herbs, TCM formulas, and more.
Spleen and Stomach Damp Heat - Basics
Epigastric a/or abdominal oppression, lack of appetite, heavy body, thirst with little/no desire to drink, abdominal pain, loose stools with strong odor possibly w/burning anus, nausea, vomiting, fever, headache.
Yellow sticky coat.Tongue Dx
Slippery, rapid.Pulse Dx
7 Points Are Empirically Important For Spleen and Stomach Damp Heat
2 TCM Herbs Are Empirically Important For Spleen and Stomach Damp Heat
Potential Formulas For The Treatment Of Spleen and Stomach Damp Heat
The following 11 TCM Formulas are empirically related to the treatment of Spleen and Stomach Damp Heat
- Shen Ling Bai Zhu Wan (Ginseng, Poria & Atractylodes Pills) Tonify
- Si Miao Wan (Four Marvels Powder) Expel Dampness
- Xiang Sha Liu Jun Zi Wan (Aucklandia, Amomi & Six Gentlemen Pills) Tonify
- Xiang Sha Yang Wei Wan (Aucklandia Amomi Nurture Stomach Pills) Tonify
- Xiao Feng Wan (Clear Wind Pill) Expel Wind
- Xie Xin Wan (Drain the Epigastrium Formula) Clear Heat
Spleen and Stomach Damp Heat - Conditions and Other Possible TCM Diagnoses
The Chinese Medicine treatment of spleen and stomach damp heat generally involves being certain that this pattern is the proper diagnosis. Each pattern may have multiple conditions and each condition may arise from one or more patterns (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following 26 conditions may arise from spleen and stomach damp heat . Each condition is listed with other possible patterns to expand diagnostic possibilities.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Spleen and Stomach Damp Heat Is Discussed
- Widely Used Chinese Herbal Medicine Formula for IBS and Crohn's - Mechanisms Explored (Study)
Blog Posts Concerning Acupuncture
- What is Moxibustion...? and other techniques "acupuncturists" use
- My Spleen is What? The Earth Element in Chinese Medicine...
- DVD Review of 9000 Needles Acupuncture Documentary
- Electro-Acupuncture Found Useful for Analgesia During Bone Marrow Biopsy
- Meta Analysis Finds Acupuncture Superior to Medicine for Optic Nerve Atrophy
- Acupuncture Shows Benefit for Arthritis in the Knees
- Japanese Acupuncture Hinaishin Needle Techniques and Orthopedic Care
- Moxibustion More Effective Than Acupuncture for Chronic Fatigue (Study)
- Acupuncture Shown To Be More Cost Effective, and Effective Overall, than NSAIDS for Chronic Low Back Pain
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about spleen and stomach damp heat? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Inflammed cracked calloused feet
- Hot and full ears
- Swelling face, low blood pressure and hemoroid
- Gynecomastia treatment
- Shiatsu for Lymphedema on left leg + varicose veins
- Intestinal problem
- Orthostatic hypotension
- Tooth Infection
- What type of treatment works best for the lymphatic system?
- Gastroisofagial reflux
Further Exploration - Theory and Treatments
Theory & Diagnosis
Explore The Fundamentals Of Chinese Medicine, Theory, Systems, Relationships...