Traditional Chinese Medicine Diagnosis - Stomach Yin Deficiency
Below you will find theoretical and clinical applications information related to stomach yin deficiency. We have created associations based on clinical experience that lead to possible treatment approaches with acupuncture points, individual herbs, TCM formulas, and more.
Stomach Yin Deficiency - Basics
Epigastric pain, poor appetite, heat in the 5 palms, constipation, dry mouth a/or throat, thirst w/no desire to drink.
Red or peeled in the ST/SP area.Tongue Dx
Floating, empty.Pulse Dx
Potential Formulas For The Treatment Of Stomach Yin Deficiency
The following 8 TCM Formulas are empirically related to the treatment of Stomach Yin Deficiency
- Ma Zi Ren Wan (Hemp Seed Formula) Drain Downward
- Mai Men Dong Yin Zi Wan (Ophiopogon and Trichosanthes Combination) Treat Dryness
- Sha Shen Mai Dong Wan (Glehnia and Ophiopogonis Decoction) Treat Dryness
- Sheng Mai San Wan (Generate the Pulse Pills) Tonify
- Sheng Mai Yin Wan (Replenish Pulse Pills) Tonify
Stomach Yin Deficiency - Conditions and Other Possible TCM Diagnoses
The Chinese Medicine treatment of stomach yin deficiency generally involves being certain that this pattern is the proper diagnosis. Each pattern may have multiple conditions and each condition may arise from one or more patterns (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following 9 conditions may arise from stomach yin deficiency . Each condition is listed with other possible patterns to expand diagnostic possibilities.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Acupuncture
- Tongue Diagnosis - Study Explores Changes During Menstruation
- Exploration of KD 3 Acupuncture Point - Brain Changes (Study)
- Study Finds Acupuncture Has Anti-Depressant Effects Similar to Fluoxetine (Prozac)
- Quality of Life Improvements from Acupuncture with Musculoskeletal Complaints
- Do Men and Women Respond Differently To Acupuncture? And What Does It Mean?
- Study Finds Using the Five Liver Shu Points Effective for Depression
- Study Finds Acupuncture Effective and Safer for PCOS than Metformin
- Acupuncture Used to Regain Homeostasis in Acute Cardiac Cases
- Acupuncture Helpful for Maternal Separation Anxiety
- Sleep Links To Blood Pressure - Theory and Acupuncture Treatment of Insomnia and Hypertension
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about stomach yin deficiency? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Urinary Bladder Wind
- Piriformis syndrome
- Questions about size of needle for ear body face
- Womens Rhythm formula has other effects?
- Should I Switch Acupuncturist?
- Impact of breastfeeding
- SwollenParathyroid glands how to treat them auriculo- Microsystems acupuncture -tong ren modality
- constant migraines
- Pulmonary arterial hypertension
- Internal Wind & Living Conditions
Further Exploration - Theory and Treatments
Theory & Diagnosis
Explore The Fundamentals Of Chinese Medicine, Theory, Systems, Relationships...