Traditional Chinese Medicine Diagnosis - Stomach Yin Deficiency
Below you will find theoretical and clinical applications information related to stomach yin deficiency. We have created associations based on clinical experience that lead to possible treatment approaches with acupuncture points, individual herbs, TCM formulas, and more.
Stomach Yin Deficiency - Basics
Epigastric pain, poor appetite, heat in the 5 palms, constipation, dry mouth a/or throat, thirst w/no desire to drink.
Red or peeled in the ST/SP area.Tongue Dx
Floating, empty.Pulse Dx
Potential Formulas For The Treatment Of Stomach Yin Deficiency
The following 8 TCM Formulas are empirically related to the treatment of Stomach Yin Deficiency
- Ma Zi Ren Wan (Hemp Seed Formula) Drain Downward
- Mai Men Dong Yin Zi Wan (Ophiopogon and Trichosanthes Combination) Treat Dryness
- Sha Shen Mai Dong Wan (Glehnia and Ophiopogonis Decoction) Treat Dryness
- Sheng Mai San Wan (Generate the Pulse Pills) Tonify
- Sheng Mai Yin Wan (Replenish Pulse Pills) Tonify
Stomach Yin Deficiency - Conditions and Other Possible TCM Diagnoses
The Chinese Medicine treatment of stomach yin deficiency generally involves being certain that this pattern is the proper diagnosis. Each pattern may have multiple conditions and each condition may arise from one or more patterns (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following 9 conditions may arise from stomach yin deficiency . Each condition is listed with other possible patterns to expand diagnostic possibilities.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Acupuncture
- Study Finds Acupuncture 94.8% Effective for Fibromyalgia Pain Symptoms
- Understanding and Treating Fibromyalgia From An Acupuncture Perspective
- Moxibustion Found To Suppress Colon Inflammation in Ulcerative Colitis
- Acupuncture is not a placebo effect
- Electroacupuncture Or Moxibustion Promote Sciatic Nerve Regeneration (Back Pain Study)
- Study Illustrates How Electroacupuncture Promotes Healing Of A Bruised Calf Muscle
- Acupuncture Accelerates Recovery from General Anesthesia
- Great Article About the Legacy and Future of Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Study Finds Labor Induction with Acupuncture Helpful and Cost Effective Vs. Conventional Methods
- Auricular Acupuncture Effective for Insomnia
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about stomach yin deficiency? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- What type of treatment works best for the lymphatic system?
- Gastroisofagial reflux
- What does the constant feeling of wet feet mean?
- Liu wei huang wan caused spleen/stomach issue
- Itch after moxa at Du 14
- Maintenance Sleep (Insomnia)
- Severe (partially low) back pain/spinal bone spur
- Neurological disorders
- Getting worse after accupressure
- Urgent help! Need guidance on Suo Quan Wan
Further Exploration - Theory and Treatments
Theory & Diagnosis
Explore The Fundamentals Of Chinese Medicine, Theory, Systems, Relationships...