Traditional Chinese Medicine Diagnosis - Stomach Yin Deficiency
Below you will find theoretical and clinical applications information related to stomach yin deficiency. We have created associations based on clinical experience that lead to possible treatment approaches with acupuncture points, individual herbs, TCM formulas, and more.
Stomach Yin Deficiency - Basics
Epigastric pain, poor appetite, heat in the 5 palms, constipation, dry mouth a/or throat, thirst w/no desire to drink.
Red or peeled in the ST/SP area.Tongue Dx
Floating, empty.Pulse Dx
Potential Formulas For The Treatment Of Stomach Yin Deficiency
The following 8 TCM Formulas are empirically related to the treatment of Stomach Yin Deficiency
- Ma Zi Ren Wan (Hemp Seed Formula) Drain Downward
- Mai Men Dong Yin Zi Wan (Ophiopogon and Trichosanthes Combination) Treat Dryness
- Sha Shen Mai Dong Wan (Glehnia and Ophiopogonis Decoction) Treat Dryness
- Sheng Mai San Wan (Generate the Pulse Pills) Tonify
- Sheng Mai Yin Wan (Replenish Pulse Pills) Tonify
Stomach Yin Deficiency - Conditions and Other Possible TCM Diagnoses
The Chinese Medicine treatment of stomach yin deficiency generally involves being certain that this pattern is the proper diagnosis. Each pattern may have multiple conditions and each condition may arise from one or more patterns (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following 9 conditions may arise from stomach yin deficiency . Each condition is listed with other possible patterns to expand diagnostic possibilities.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Acupuncture
- Knocking Seasonal Allergies Out With Acupuncture
- Acupuncture for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) - Needling Depth May Lead to Improved Results
- Acupuncture for Tinnitus - Study Shows Positive Results
- Bell's Palsy Study Confirms Acupoint Sensitivity - An analysis of Sham vs. "Real" Points
- Case Study - Anxiety (02/15/10)
- Study Illustrates How Electroacupuncture Promotes Healing Of A Bruised Calf Muscle
- Acupuncture with Moxibustion Helps BPH (Study)
- fMRI Study Shows Brain Changes from Acupuncture
- CoQ10 for Children with Down Syndrome - Role of Acupuncture In Inflammatory Markers
- Acupuncture Effective for Fibromyalgia - Pain Modulators Improved For Months Following Treatments
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about stomach yin deficiency? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
Further Exploration - Theory and Treatments
Theory & Diagnosis
Explore The Fundamentals Of Chinese Medicine, Theory, Systems, Relationships...