Below you will find some of the more common tcm diagnoses and acupuncture treatment protocols for bell's palsy (facial paralysis). There are many ways to treat this condition with Eastern Medicine and our presentation is only one of many possible options.
- Etiology & Pathology:
- Checks for Bell's Palsy:
- Can patient close eye?
- Have patient raise eyebrow, look for lack of wrinkles on forehead
- Have patient smile, look for lack of movement on effected side
- Have patient purse lips and blow out, look for crookedness in the mouth
- Treatment Points:
- LI 4 on opposite side of palsy or bilateral
- For Eye:
- For Face:
The information on our site is drawn from our own lecture notes and clinical experience. The following lecture notes were consulted within this section:
- St. John, Meredith: New England School of Acupuncture, Etiology and Pathology Lecture Notes
- Valaskatgis, Peter: New England School of Acupuncture, Etiology and Pathology Lecture Notes
© 2000-2017 - Yin Yang House - All Rights Reserved
Website Design and Management - Yin Yang House Media Services Group
Socialize With Us!