Traditional Chinese Medicine Acupuncture Protocols
Acupuncture for Breech Presentation - Treatment Protocols
Below you will find a well studied and proven treatment technique for a breech presentation (i.e. malposition of the fetus). This technique may be combined with a full body treatment as well depending on the overall state of the mother. There are many ways to treat this condition with Eastern Medicine and our presentation is only one of many possible options.
Acupuncture has had much success clinically moving a malpositioned fetus. Generally the treatment is to treat UB 67 with a moxa pole. The treatment may range from 5-15 minutes 2-3 times per day based on the overall condition of the mother.
The movement may happen within one treatment or the patient may either return to be treated or use a moxa pole at home. The treatment with moxa should cease immediately if movement is suspected and this should be confirmed with your physician. It is important to seek treatment in the 7th or 8th month as during the 9th there may not be enough room to move the baby.
The information on our site is drawn from our own lecture notes and clinical experience. The following lecture notes were consulted within this section:
- St. John, Meredith: New England School of Acupuncture, Etiology and Pathology Lecture Notes
- Valaskatgis, Peter: New England School of Acupuncture, Etiology and Pathology Lecture Notes
Recent Acupuncture Posts From Our Blog
- Electroacupuncture Or Moxibustion Promote Sciatic Nerve Regeneration (Back Pain Study) (Acupuncture – Yin Yang House)
- Knocking Seasonal Allergies Out With Acupuncture (Acupuncture – Yin Yang House)
- Acupuncture Modulates the Stress Response (Acupuncture – Yin Yang House)
- Acupuncture for Spinal Cord Injury (Acupuncture – Yin Yang House)
- Acupuncture Shown To Be More Cost Effective, and Effective Overall, than NSAIDS for Chronic Low Back Pain (Acupuncture – Yin Yang House)
- Study Finds Acupuncture Effective for Chronic Tinnitus (Acupuncture – Yin Yang House)
- Acupuncture Effective for Fibromyalgia – Pain Modulators Improved For Months Following Treatments (Acupuncture – Yin Yang House)
- Acupuncture Effective for Chemo Fatigue – 10 Trials With 1327 Patients (Acupuncture – Yin Yang House)
- Acupuncture Provides Neuroprotective Effects Against Vascular Dementia (Acupuncture – Yin Yang House)
- Single Acupuncture Point Found To Suppress Methamphetamine Usage (Acupuncture – Yin Yang House)