Traditional Chinese Medicine Acupuncture Protocols
Acupuncture for Breech Presentation - Treatment Protocols
Below you will find a well studied and proven treatment technique for a breech presentation (i.e. malposition of the fetus). This technique may be combined with a full body treatment as well depending on the overall state of the mother. There are many ways to treat this condition with Eastern Medicine and our presentation is only one of many possible options.
Acupuncture has had much success clinically moving a malpositioned fetus. Generally the treatment is to treat UB 67 with a moxa pole. The treatment may range from 5-15 minutes 2-3 times per day based on the overall condition of the mother.
The movement may happen within one treatment or the patient may either return to be treated or use a moxa pole at home. The treatment with moxa should cease immediately if movement is suspected and this should be confirmed with your physician. It is important to seek treatment in the 7th or 8th month as during the 9th there may not be enough room to move the baby.
The information on our site is drawn from our own lecture notes and clinical experience. The following lecture notes were consulted within this section:
- St. John, Meredith: New England School of Acupuncture, Etiology and Pathology Lecture Notes
- Valaskatgis, Peter: New England School of Acupuncture, Etiology and Pathology Lecture Notes
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Acupuncture Is Discussed
- Subsequent Acupuncture Treatments in Horses Yields Increased Improvements
- Acupuncture vs. Xanax for Insomnia - Study Finds Acupuncture Nearly Twice As Effective Long-Term
- Pericardium Meridian Points Have Measurable Chemical Changes During Myocardial Ischemia
- Acupuncture Treatment Helpful for Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Basic Tools In The Treatment Of Sports Injuries With Acupuncture
- Brain Changes Involved In Alzheimer's Improve With Acupuncture (Study)
- Acupuncture Treatment Basics For Male and Female Fertility Issues
- Motor Points Acupuncture - An Efficient Way Of Treating Muscle Imbalances
- Electroacupuncture Or Moxibustion Promote Sciatic Nerve Regeneration (Back Pain Study)
- Knocking Seasonal Allergies Out With Acupuncture