Below you will find some of the more common tcm diagnoses and acupuncture treatment protocols for eye and vision issues. There are many ways to treat this condition with Eastern Medicine and our presentation is only one of many possible options.
- Etiology & Pathology:
- Exterior - wind-heat, acute, chronic eye problems usually present with LV excess or KD & LV together
- Interior - from excess or deficiency
- Eye Symptoms are roughly the same for both etiologies - congestion, swelling, pain, photophobia, excessive tearing, itchy eyes, sticky discharge
The information on our site is drawn from our own lecture notes and clinical experience. The following lecture notes were consulted within this section:
- St. John, Meredith: New England School of Acupuncture, Etiology and Pathology Lecture Notes
- Valaskatgis, Peter: New England School of Acupuncture, Etiology and Pathology Lecture Notes
© 2015 - Yin Yang House - All Rights Reserved
Website Design and Management - Yin Yang House Media Services Group
Socialize With Us!