Below you will find some of the more common tcm diagnoses and acupuncture treatment protocols for otitis media (middle ear infections). There are many ways to treat this condition with Eastern Medicine and our presentation is only one of many possible options.
- Etiology & Pathology:
- Excess (more common esp. in children):
- Treatment Points
- GB 2, TH 17 - local points
- GB 40 - damp heat in GB
- ST 36 - w/damp signs, tonify SP and Qi
- If Fever - add LI 11
- If Excess Pattern - add TH 21 - another local point
- If Deficiency Pattern - add KD 3 - tonify KD Yin
The information on our site is drawn from our own lecture notes and clinical experience. The following lecture notes were consulted within this section:
- St. John, Meredith: New England School of Acupuncture, Etiology and Pathology Lecture Notes
- Valaskatgis, Peter: New England School of Acupuncture, Etiology and Pathology Lecture Notes
© 2000-2017 - Yin Yang House - All Rights Reserved
Website Design and Management - Yin Yang House Media Services Group
Socialize With Us!