Tam Healing and Tong Ren Therapy Protocols
Tam Healing and Tong Ren Therapy for Kidney Stones
The areas and points listed below are those that are commonly found blocked in adults and children with "Kidney Stones (Renal Calculi)" and related issues. The system focuses on the scalp and Huatuojiaji points along the spine. You may use acupuncture, massage and/or the tong ren to focus on the following areas for healing. For details about the system consider reading the Tom Tam Healing System textbook. A full list of conditions with treatment points is available in A Lazy Bum's Healing: Tong Ren Therapy Cross Reference - both are available in our book store
With regards to acupuncture treatments within this style, generally these points would be combined with some more traditional points based on their overall diagnosis in Chinese Medicine terms. Generally we combine qi gong, acupuncture and tuina along most of the major points in the neck and spine as appropriate.
Main Points: L2 huatuo, ST 11, Ouch Point
Secondary Points: SP 6, UB 54
Primary Treatment Points For Kidney Stones (Renal Calculi)...
L2 Huatuo Sides of Spine at L2
- L2 innervates and influences the kidneys and kidney system in Chinese Medicine terms, the seminal vesicles in men and the uterine tube in women. The kidney system involves the thyroid, the sex hormones, the bone and bone marrow, accordingly this area is important for a range of issues including fertility, overall vitality, strength of the lower body, health of the bone and a host of other issues.
- Used extensively within the Tam Healing System and Tong Ren Therapy. May be needled and used with tuina and/or tonren therapy.
ST 11 Qi Abode
- Local point - sore/swollen throat - counterflow qi, cough, hiccups, reflux.
- Neck pain - pain, inability to turn neck.
- Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Main point to open the circulation of the common carotid artery. Useful for conditions such as acid reflux, arteriosclerosis, hypertension, kidney cancer, bladder cancer, etc.
- Falls into the category of Window of the Sky points within the Tam Healing system.
Secondary Treatment Points For Kidney Stones (Renal Calculi)...
SP 6 Three Yin Intersection
- Tonify Yin and Blood, all Spleen disorders.
- Digestive disorders, sinking/prolapse.
- Gynecological issues, male sexual issues, difficult labor (expel fetus).
- Menstrual issues (irregular, amenorrhea, dysmenorrhea).
- Bleeding disorders, uterine bleeding, cool blood in hot skin diseases.
- Insomnia, palpitations, and other anxiety related emotions.
- Dizziness, hypertension.
How To Learn More About Tam Healing and Tong Ren Therapy?
Tam Healing Resources
Tong Ren Therapy is a form of energy healing developed by the prominent Boston area acupuncturist and healer, Master Tom Tam. Tong Ren was originally developed to aid in the treatment of cancer, but has been extended to treat a broad range of conditions.
Live video broadcasts and local healing classes are now offered around the world. Our live video class is offered weekly and offers a function for submitting healing requests, others are available at tongrenstation.com. A complete list of classes in your area can be found within this Tong Ren Classes listing.