Tam Healing and Tong Ren Therapy Protocols
Tam Healing and Tong Ren Therapy for Abnormal Posture
The areas and points listed below are those that are commonly found blocked in adults and children with "Abnormal Posture" and related issues. The system focuses on the scalp and Huatuojiaji points along the spine. You may use acupuncture, massage and/or the tong ren to focus on the following areas for healing. For details about the system consider reading the Tom Tam Healing System textbook. A full list of conditions with treatment points is available in A Lazy Bum's Healing: Tong Ren Therapy Cross Reference - both are available in our book store
With regards to acupuncture treatments within this style, generally these points would be combined with some more traditional points based on their overall diagnosis in Chinese Medicine terms. Generally we combine qi gong, acupuncture and tuina along most of the major points in the neck and spine as appropriate.
Main Points: GV 21, GV 20, GV 19, GV 17, UB 9
Secondary Points: UB 7, UB 8, Spinal Artery
Primary Treatment Points For Abnormal Posture...
GV 21 Before the Vertex
- Epilepsy - acute and chronic (for children avoid needling before the fontanel has closed).
- Headaches, migraines, blurry vision, pain a/or swelling along the vertex a/or face.
- Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Used to effect the motor cortex, useful for all movement issues, stroke recovery.
GV 20 Hundred Convergences
- Main point for headache, dizziness, eye pain and redness, irritability, hypertension from excess yang in the upper body, often occuring with patterns of excess Liver yang or Liver fire. Combine with lower body points such as LV 2, LV 3, KD 1, GB 34, GB 41.
- Main point for internal wind which has some overlapping indications with the above entry, for headaches, dizziness, visual dizziness, tinnitus, vertex pain, windstroke, seizures.
- Main point for prolapse, anal, uterine, vaginal; main point for hemorrhoids.
- Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Used to effect the association area (related to emotions, memory, behavior), useful for low energy, yang energy imbalances, parkinson's, alzheimer's, motor control issues.
GV 19 Behind the Vertex
- Headaches, vertigo, dizziness, neck pain, aversion to wind.
- Insomnia, psychological issues primarily with manic symptoms, epilepsy.
- Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Used to stimulate the sensory cortex (sensations from skin, muscles, and sensory organs), useful for any sensory issue, stimulation also useful for improving qi sensations within treatments, qi gong, etc.
GV 17 Brain's Door
- Neck/Cervical issues, pain a/or stiffness of the neck, heaviness of the head, headache, dizziness.
- Epilepsy, mania, lockjaw, loss of voice.
- Eye pain, excessive lacrimation.
- Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Used to effect the medulla functions (heart, lung, blood vessel issues), useful for palpitations, asthma/shortness of breath, multiple sclerosis, lou gehrig's, muscular dystrophy.
UB 9 Jade Pillow
- Expels wind-cold - nasal congestion, chills and fever, headaches from wind.
- Occipital headaches and/or neck pain, heavy head.
- Eye pain and/or redness, blurry vision.
- Unbalanced temperature/sweating - cold sensation in head with sweats, or no sweating in heat disease.
- Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Used to effect the cerebellum (muscle coordination, equilibrium). Useful for stroke recovery, ALS, MS, Parkinson's, etc.
Secondary Treatment Points For Abnormal Posture...
UB 7 Celestial Connection
- Clear wind and resolve the exterior - important point for sinus congestion, sinusitis, rhinitis, nosebleed, nasal polyps.
- Loss of sense of smell.
- Headaches and/or dizziness from wind and congestion.
- Neck pain and stiffness, throat goiter.
- Fainting, deviation of the mouth as from wind-stroke.
UB 8 Declining Connection
- Resolve phlegm and clear wind - nasal congestion, blurry vision, dizziness, tinnitus.
- Calms the shen - a range of psychological conditions including depression, mania, withdrawal from lack of ability of the shen to rise.
- Useful for removing obstructions causing Qi flow issues to the head/brain (heavy head, vertex pain, distention).
How To Learn More About Tam Healing and Tong Ren Therapy?
Tam Healing Resources
Tong Ren Therapy is a form of energy healing developed by the prominent Boston area acupuncturist and healer, Master Tom Tam. Tong Ren was originally developed to aid in the treatment of cancer, but has been extended to treat a broad range of conditions.
Live video broadcasts and local healing classes are now offered around the world. Our live video class is offered weekly and offers a function for submitting healing requests, others are available at tongrenstation.com. A complete list of classes in your area can be found within this Tong Ren Classes listing.