Tam Healing and Tong Ren Therapy Protocols
Tam Healing and Tong Ren Therapy for Astigmatism
The areas and points listed below are those that are commonly found blocked in adults and children with "Astigmatism" and related issues. The system focuses on the scalp and Huatuojiaji points along the spine. You may use acupuncture, massage and/or the tong ren to focus on the following areas for healing. For details about the system consider reading the Tom Tam Healing System textbook. A full list of conditions with treatment points is available in A Lazy Bum's Healing: Tong Ren Therapy Cross Reference - both are available in our book store
With regards to acupuncture treatments within this style, generally these points would be combined with some more traditional points based on their overall diagnosis in Chinese Medicine terms. Generally we combine qi gong, acupuncture and tuina along most of the major points in the neck and spine as appropriate.
Main Points: C3 huatuo, UB 1, UB 2, UB 3, SI 16
Secondary Points: GV 18, GB 19
Primary Treatment Points For Astigmatism...
C3 Huatuo Sides of Spine at C3
- C3 innervates the eyes, sinuses, temporal lobe areas and and is used for a range of eye, vision and sinus issues. In the right circumstances, combines well with Yintang and LI 4.
- Used extensively within the Tam Healing System and Tong Ren Therapy. The cervical huatuo points are not needled as often, but used with tuina and/or tonren therapy.
UB 2 Bamboo Gathering
SI 16 Celestial Windows
- Both SI 16 & SI 17 are Window of the Sky Points and are useful for throat distention, swelling, goiters, lumps in neck a/or throat, voice issues.
- Ear issues - tinnitus, deafness, pain.
- Local point for neck and/or shoulder problems.
- Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Used to effect the circulation within the vertebral artery and the occipital artery. Useful for occipital headache, alzheimer's, brain tumors, dyslexia, MS, and many brain issues related to circulation. Often used with Tian Dong as a starting point.
- Falls into the category of Window of the Sky points within the Tam Healing system.
Secondary Treatment Points For Astigmatism...
GV 18 Unyielding Space
- Regulates the liver and calms wind.
- Stiff neck, headache.
- Visual dizziness, blurring of vision.
- Epilepsy, Insomnia, Manic Depression.
- Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Used to effect the autonomic nerves, balances internal organs qi, useful for fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, hormone imbalance.
GV 19 Behind the Vertex
- Headaches, vertigo, dizziness, neck pain, aversion to wind.
- Insomnia, psychological issues primarily with manic symptoms, epilepsy.
- Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Used to stimulate the sensory cortex (sensations from skin, muscles, and sensory organs), useful for any sensory issue, stimulation also useful for improving qi sensations within treatments, qi gong, etc.
How To Learn More About Tam Healing and Tong Ren Therapy?
Tam Healing Resources
Tong Ren Therapy is a form of energy healing developed by the prominent Boston area acupuncturist and healer, Master Tom Tam. Tong Ren was originally developed to aid in the treatment of cancer, but has been extended to treat a broad range of conditions.
Live video broadcasts and local healing classes are now offered around the world. Our live video class is offered weekly and offers a function for submitting healing requests, others are available at tongrenstation.com. A complete list of classes in your area can be found within this Tong Ren Classes listing.