Tam Healing and Tong Ren Therapy Protocols
Tam Healing and Tong Ren Therapy for Breech Position
The areas and points listed below are those that are commonly found blocked in adults and children with "Breech Position" and related issues. The system focuses on the scalp and Huatuojiaji points along the spine. You may use acupuncture, massage and/or the tong ren to focus on the following areas for healing. For details about the system consider reading the Tom Tam Healing System textbook. A full list of conditions with treatment points is available in A Lazy Bum's Healing: Tong Ren Therapy Cross Reference - both are available in our book store
With regards to acupuncture treatments within this style, generally these points would be combined with some more traditional points based on their overall diagnosis in Chinese Medicine terms. Generally we combine qi gong, acupuncture and tuina along most of the major points in the neck and spine as appropriate.
Main Points: CV 6, ST 25, TH 20
Secondary Points: SP 10, SP 9, L1 huatuo
Primary Treatment Points For Breech Position...
CV 6 Sea of Qi
- Generally, useful for Qi tonification.
- Women's health - hernia, uterine bleeding, irregular menstruation, dysmenorrhea (painful menstruation / cramps), amenorrhea, leukorrhea.
- Men's health - impotence, seminal emission, nighttime urinartion, hernia.
- Deficiencies of the lower and middle warmers - abdominal distention, bloating, edema, poor digestion, loose stools, diarrhea, fatigue.
- Tonify ST/SP Qi Deficiencies.
- Main point for prolapse of any type - rectum, uterus, etc. Lower abdominal and/or genital pain / swelling.
- Stroke, loss of consciousness, weakness of the muscles and body generally.
- Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Main point for building and storing Qi (energy), useful for deficiency conditions - asthma, shortness of breath, general fatigue, etc.
Secondary Treatment Points For Breech Position...
SP 10 Sea of Blood
- Any Gynecological issues originating from Blood, Heat, Stasis a/or Deficiency - irregular menstruation, dysmenorrhea, amenorrhea, cramping, lin disorders, PMS, uterine bleeding.
- Skin problems from damp-heat or hot Blood - eczema, painful/hot sores.
- Genital issues - pain/swelling/itching of the scrotum/genitals.
- Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Any blood issues, although the huatuo of T1 and T7 are used more often.
SP 9 Yin Mound Spring
- He Sea point - drains dampness (generally through urination), LV 8 will drain damp from the genital region and SP 9 will drain damp from the lower warmer.
- Chronic yeast infections, candida.
- Damp Bi, Medial Knee Pain.
- Issues involving damp-heat in the GB - hepatitis, jaundice.
- Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Any water issue in the body (bloating, swelling, urinary issues, dry mouth, etc.).
L1 Huatuo Sides of Spine at L1
- L1 innervates and influences the adrenal gland, the testis or the vagina areas. It is used for a range of hormonal issues including menstrual issues, PMS, fertility issues, sexual issues, etc.
- Used extensively within the Tam Healing System and Tong Ren Therapy. May be needled and used with tuina and/or tonren therapy.
How To Learn More About Tam Healing and Tong Ren Therapy?
Tam Healing Resources
Tong Ren Therapy is a form of energy healing developed by the prominent Boston area acupuncturist and healer, Master Tom Tam. Tong Ren was originally developed to aid in the treatment of cancer, but has been extended to treat a broad range of conditions.
Live video broadcasts and local healing classes are now offered around the world. Our live video class is offered weekly and offers a function for submitting healing requests, others are available at tongrenstation.com. A complete list of classes in your area can be found within this Tong Ren Classes listing.