Tam Healing and Tong Ren Therapy Protocols
Tam Healing and Tong Ren Therapy for Eczema
The areas and points listed below are those that are commonly found blocked in adults and children with "Eczema" and related issues. The system focuses on the scalp and Huatuojiaji points along the spine. You may use acupuncture, massage and/or the tong ren to focus on the following areas for healing. For details about the system consider reading the Tom Tam Healing System textbook. A full list of conditions with treatment points is available in A Lazy Bum's Healing: Tong Ren Therapy Cross Reference - both are available in our book store
With regards to acupuncture treatments within this style, generally these points would be combined with some more traditional points based on their overall diagnosis in Chinese Medicine terms. Generally we combine qi gong, acupuncture and tuina along most of the major points in the neck and spine as appropriate.
Main Points: T1 huatuo, T2 huatuo, T3 huatuo, T4 huatuo, GV 22, T7 huatuo (Right)
Secondary Points: LI 11, SP 10, SP 6, Ouch Point
Primary Treatment Points For Eczema...
T1 Huatuo Sides of Spine at T1
- T1 innervates the windpipe and affects the bone marrow, used for a range of lung and immune issues (with T2 and T3), a range of neck issues, releasing exterior heat (colds/flus/fever), neck and shoulder problems. T1, T2 and T3 are used for a range of immune and autoimmune conditions within the tam healing system.
T2 Huatuo Sides of Spine at T2
- T2 innervates the bronchus and thymus gland and is used for a range of immune issues (with T1 and T3), including symptoms such as chronic fatigue or fibromyalgia. T1, T2 and T3 are used for a range of immune and autoimmune conditions within the tam healing system.
T3 Huatuo Sides of Spine at T3
- T3 innervates the lung and lymph systems and is used for a range of immune issues (with T1 and T2), including symptoms such as allergies, asthma, chest pain, cough, voice issues, lyme disease, and frequent infections. T1, T2 and T3 are used for a range of immune and autoimmune conditions within the tam healing system.
T4 Huatuo Sides of Spine at T4
- T4 innervates the breast and influences the sweat glands and hair follicles, important point for breast cancer in the tam healing system, excessive, irregular or lack of sweat, inability to control body temperature and many skin problems, acne, psoriasis, etc..
GV 22 Fontanel Meeting
- Nasal issues - congestion, olfactory problems (i.e. distinguishing smells), nosebleed, polyps.
- Headaches, primarily from wind in the Chinese Medicine sense of the term, dizziness, vertigo.
- Psychological issues, particularly related to fear a/or fright, panic attacks, palpitations.
- Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Used to effect brain and scalp issues, useful for brain tumors, multiple sclerosis, muscular dystrophy, lou gehrig's. Also helpful for improving focus in children (ADD/ADHD).
T7 Huatuo Sides of Spine at T7
- T7 (Left) innervates the spleen and is an important point for any blood related issues - both in terms of circulation but also in terms of disease. Due to the role in body fluids and blood a range of issues that are more prominent at night may be indicated, insomnia, frequent nighttime urination, dream disturbed sleep and/or nightmares. Used for esophageal issues and a range of digestive issues. Also influences the circulation into the lower back and legs, so any issues with legs, swelling, weakness, etc. and as a secondary point for back pain.
- T7 (Right) influences the abdominal blood vessel - used for a range of circulatory issues including raynaud's syndrome, hand and/or feet that are too hot or too cold or vasculate between the two abdnormally. Also any systemic diseases that travel in or involves the blood, AIDS/HIV, leukemia, anemia, etc. More strongly influences digestion and issues that are stronger from noon through the afternoon.
Secondary Treatment Points For Eczema...
LI 11 Pool at the Bend
- Reduction of high fevers, patients with the 4 bigs, combine with LI 1, LI 2 or LI 4.
- Damp Heat skin diseases, red, itchy, oozing & inflamed (hives, herpes zoster, acne), may be used with UB 40 for any skin disease.
- ST Excess Issues, burning diarrhea.
- Elbow and upper limb disorders, pain and inflammation, atrophy, tremors - expels wind dampness from the channel.
- Hot flashes a/or menstrual issues with heat in the Blood.
- Expels summer heat with UB 40 & SP 10, for heat stroke add SI 3.
- Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Useful for any blood circulation issue (raynaud's, anemia, etc.), skin problems (hives, itchiness), tennis elbow.
SP 10 Sea of Blood
- Any Gynecological issues originating from Blood, Heat, Stasis a/or Deficiency - irregular menstruation, dysmenorrhea, amenorrhea, cramping, lin disorders, PMS, uterine bleeding.
- Skin problems from damp-heat or hot Blood - eczema, painful/hot sores.
- Genital issues - pain/swelling/itching of the scrotum/genitals.
- Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Any blood issues, although the huatuo of T1 and T7 are used more often.
SP 6 Three Yin Intersection
- Tonify Yin and Blood, all Spleen disorders.
- Digestive disorders, sinking/prolapse.
- Gynecological issues, male sexual issues, difficult labor (expel fetus).
- Menstrual issues (irregular, amenorrhea, dysmenorrhea).
- Bleeding disorders, uterine bleeding, cool blood in hot skin diseases.
- Insomnia, palpitations, and other anxiety related emotions.
- Dizziness, hypertension.
How To Learn More About Tam Healing and Tong Ren Therapy?
Tam Healing Resources
Tong Ren Therapy is a form of energy healing developed by the prominent Boston area acupuncturist and healer, Master Tom Tam. Tong Ren was originally developed to aid in the treatment of cancer, but has been extended to treat a broad range of conditions.
Live video broadcasts and local healing classes are now offered around the world. Our live video class is offered weekly and offers a function for submitting healing requests, others are available at tongrenstation.com. A complete list of classes in your area can be found within this Tong Ren Classes listing.