Tam Healing and Tong Ren Therapy Protocols
Tam Healing and Tong Ren Therapy for Endometriosis
The areas and points listed below are those that are commonly found blocked in adults and children with "Endometriosis" and related issues. The system focuses on the scalp and Huatuojiaji points along the spine. You may use acupuncture, massage and/or the tong ren to focus on the following areas for healing. For details about the system consider reading the Tom Tam Healing System textbook. A full list of conditions with treatment points is available in A Lazy Bum's Healing: Tong Ren Therapy Cross Reference - both are available in our book store
With regards to acupuncture treatments within this style, generally these points would be combined with some more traditional points based on their overall diagnosis in Chinese Medicine terms. Generally we combine qi gong, acupuncture and tuina along most of the major points in the neck and spine as appropriate.
Main Points: T7 huatuo, L1 huatuo, L2 huatuo, L3 huatuo, CV 4, GV 20, LI 18, TH 20
Secondary Points: S1 huatuo, S2 huatuo, SP 6, GV 22, UB 9, Ouch Point
Primary Treatment Points For Endometriosis...
T7 Huatuo Sides of Spine at T7
- T7 (Left) innervates the spleen and is an important point for any blood related issues - both in terms of circulation but also in terms of disease. Due to the role in body fluids and blood a range of issues that are more prominent at night may be indicated, insomnia, frequent nighttime urination, dream disturbed sleep and/or nightmares. Used for esophageal issues and a range of digestive issues. Also influences the circulation into the lower back and legs, so any issues with legs, swelling, weakness, etc. and as a secondary point for back pain.
- T7 (Right) influences the abdominal blood vessel - used for a range of circulatory issues including raynaud's syndrome, hand and/or feet that are too hot or too cold or vasculate between the two abdnormally. Also any systemic diseases that travel in or involves the blood, AIDS/HIV, leukemia, anemia, etc. More strongly influences digestion and issues that are stronger from noon through the afternoon.
L1 Huatuo Sides of Spine at L1
- L1 innervates and influences the adrenal gland, the testis or the vagina areas. It is used for a range of hormonal issues including menstrual issues, PMS, fertility issues, sexual issues, etc.
L2 Huatuo Sides of Spine at L2
- L2 innervates and influences the kidneys and kidney system in Chinese Medicine terms, the seminal vesicles in men and the uterine tube in women. The kidney system involves the thyroid, the sex hormones, the bone and bone marrow, accordingly this area is important for a range of issues including fertility, overall vitality, strength of the lower body, health of the bone and a host of other issues.
L3 Huatuo Sides of Spine at L3
- L3 innverates the prostate in men and the ovaries in women. In women, then, this point may help with a range of ovarian issues - cancer, fertility and/or menstrual issues, cysts, etc. In men this point can be very helpful for prostate problems and fertility issues. For both it may be used for early morning diarrhea or constipation as well as a range of sexual issues.
CV 4 Origin Pass
- Generally, useful for deficiencies of Yin, Yang, Qi & Blood.
- Main point for tonifying Prenatal Qi - exhaustion, weakness, chronic fatigue/diseases.
- Main point for Kidney deficiencies of Qi, Jing a/or Yang - low back pain, bone disorders, early morning (5 a.m., "cock-crow") diarrhea. rectal prolapse.
- Genito-urinary issues with Deficient a/or Cold Patterns - incontinence, clear copious urine, nocturia.
- Main point for all menstrual disorders with Deficient, Cold a/or Stagnation Patterns - scanty menstruation, pale blood.
- Sexual / Fertility Issues - infertility, impotence, seminal emission, amenorrhea, bleeding during pregnancy.
- Yang collapse - chills, profuse sweating, SOB, unconsciousness.
- Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: An important point for the storage and development of Qi (energy), useful for deficiency conditions - weakness, shortness of breath, sexual issues. May also be used in Tong Ren (no needling) to ease delivery.
GV 20 Hundred Convergences
- Main point for headache, dizziness, eye pain and redness, irritability, hypertension from excess yang in the upper body, often occuring with patterns of excess Liver yang or Liver fire. Combine with lower body points such as LV 2, LV 3, KD 1, GB 34, GB 41.
- Main point for internal wind which has some overlapping indications with the above entry, for headaches, dizziness, visual dizziness, tinnitus, vertex pain, windstroke, seizures.
- Main point for prolapse, anal, uterine, vaginal; main point for hemorrhoids.
- Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Used to effect the association area (related to emotions, memory, behavior), useful for low energy, yang energy imbalances, parkinson's, alzheimer's, motor control issues.
LI 18 Protuberance Assistant
- Window of the Sky Point for sudden loss of voice with qi obstruction in the throat.
- High blood pressure, for which Window of the Sky Points are sometimes indicated, may also be useful for low blood pressure.
- Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Used to effect the circulation of the common carotid artery as well as effect the vagus nerve. Due to the connection with the vagus it is useful for lung, esophagus, heart, stomach, intestine and gall bladder issues - reflux, palpitations, digestive issues, etc.
- Falls into the category of Window of the Sky points within the Tam Healing system.
Secondary Treatment Points For Endometriosis...
S1 Huatuo Sides of Spine at S1
S2 Huatuo Sides of Spine at S2
SP 6 Three Yin Intersection
- Tonify Yin and Blood, all Spleen disorders.
- Digestive disorders, sinking/prolapse.
- Gynecological issues, male sexual issues, difficult labor (expel fetus).
- Menstrual issues (irregular, amenorrhea, dysmenorrhea).
- Bleeding disorders, uterine bleeding, cool blood in hot skin diseases.
- Insomnia, palpitations, and other anxiety related emotions.
- Dizziness, hypertension.
GV 22 Fontanel Meeting
- Nasal issues - congestion, olfactory problems (i.e. distinguishing smells), nosebleed, polyps.
- Headaches, primarily from wind in the Chinese Medicine sense of the term, dizziness, vertigo.
- Psychological issues, particularly related to fear a/or fright, panic attacks, palpitations.
- Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Used to effect brain and scalp issues, useful for brain tumors, multiple sclerosis, muscular dystrophy, lou gehrig's. Also helpful for improving focus in children (ADD/ADHD).
UB 9 Jade Pillow
- Expels wind-cold - nasal congestion, chills and fever, headaches from wind.
- Occipital headaches and/or neck pain, heavy head.
- Eye pain and/or redness, blurry vision.
- Unbalanced temperature/sweating - cold sensation in head with sweats, or no sweating in heat disease.
- Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Used to effect the cerebellum (muscle coordination, equilibrium). Useful for stroke recovery, ALS, MS, Parkinson's, etc.
How To Learn More About Tam Healing and Tong Ren Therapy?
Tam Healing Resources
Tong Ren Therapy is a form of energy healing developed by the prominent Boston area acupuncturist and healer, Master Tom Tam. Tong Ren was originally developed to aid in the treatment of cancer, but has been extended to treat a broad range of conditions.
Live video broadcasts and local healing classes are now offered around the world. Our live video class is offered weekly and offers a function for submitting healing requests, others are available at tongrenstation.com. A complete list of classes in your area can be found within this Tong Ren Classes listing.