Tam Healing and Tong Ren Therapy Protocols
Tam Healing and Tong Ren Therapy for Hot Flashes
The areas and points listed below are those that are commonly found blocked in adults and children with "Hot Flashes" and related issues. The system focuses on the scalp and Huatuojiaji points along the spine. You may use acupuncture, massage and/or the tong ren to focus on the following areas for healing. For details about the system consider reading the Tom Tam Healing System textbook. A full list of conditions with treatment points is available in A Lazy Bum's Healing: Tong Ren Therapy Cross Reference - both are available in our book store
With regards to acupuncture treatments within this style, generally these points would be combined with some more traditional points based on their overall diagnosis in Chinese Medicine terms. Generally we combine qi gong, acupuncture and tuina along most of the major points in the neck and spine as appropriate.
Main Points: T4 huatuo, GV 22, UB 6, TH 17 KD 3, KD 1
Secondary Points: CV 17, PC 7, PC 8, SP 6
Primary Treatment Points For Hot Flashes...
T4 Huatuo Sides of Spine at T4
- T4 innervates the breast and influences the sweat glands and hair follicles, important point for breast cancer in the tam healing system, excessive, irregular or lack of sweat, inability to control body temperature and many skin problems, acne, psoriasis, etc..
- Used extensively within the Tam Healing System and Tong Ren Therapy. May be needled and used with tuina and/or tonren therapy.
GV 22 Fontanel Meeting
- Nasal issues - congestion, olfactory problems (i.e. distinguishing smells), nosebleed, polyps.
- Headaches, primarily from wind in the Chinese Medicine sense of the term, dizziness, vertigo.
- Psychological issues, particularly related to fear a/or fright, panic attacks, palpitations.
- Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Used to effect brain and scalp issues, useful for brain tumors, multiple sclerosis, muscular dystrophy, lou gehrig's. Also helpful for improving focus in children (ADD/ADHD).
KD 3 Great Ravine
- Tonify KD Qi, Yin or Yang Deficiencies from any etiology.
- Asthma from KD Deficiency - difficulty inhaling.
- Tonifies Yin of KD (chronic sore throat, empty heat), LV (dizziness, tinnitus, headache) a/or HT (anxiety, insomnia, excessive dreaming).
- Tonifies Yang of KD (impotence, premature ejaculation, seminal emission, weak low back/knees, frequent urination).
- Low back pain, usually of a chronic nature.
- Local point for heel a/or ankle pain.
KD 1 Gushing Spring
- Descends excess from above, useful for LV Yang Rising or LV Fire - headaches, tinnitus, hypertension, epilepsy.
- Cooling KD empty heat - chronic sore throat, dry mouth, low back pain.
- Tonify KD/HT Yin - insomnia, palpitations, anxiety, poor memory, mania, rage w/desire to kill, hot flashes, night sweats.
- Loss of consciousness, yang collapse.
- Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Used to descend the energy in the body particularly after qi gong exercises, energy healing sessions, etc. Useful for headache, nausea, insomnia, etc.
Secondary Treatment Points For Hot Flashes...
CV 17 Chest Center
- Main point for tonification of the upper warmer.
- Hui Meeting Point of the Qi - tonify and move the Qi of the body.
- Chronic lung issues - cough, asthma, SOB, diaphragmatic pain.
- Breast issues - insufficient lactation, mastitis.
- Chest/Throat issues (rattling in throat w/asthma, difficulty swallowing, palpitations), counterflow Qi problems - guides the Qi downwards.
- Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Important point for overall Qi (energy) in the body, useful for asthma.
PC 7 Great Mound
- Cooling heat that is effecting the Heart of a deficient or excess nature.
- Clears Ying and Blood heat, fever deep in the body that is drying up fluids.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, combine with PC 5, PC 6 & SP 9.
- Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Emotional issues, w/HT 7 for sweat issues (too much or too little), hot flashes.
- Main treatment point of Spleen Sho pattern (with SP 3) - in Japanese style Five Phase treatment protocol.
PC 8 Palace of Toil
- Excess heat conditions, more cooling than PC 7 which can be used for heat from an excess or deficient issue.
- Heat in the mouth, mouth or tongue ulcers, cold sores from Heart or Stomach Fire.
- Cools Ying and Blood stage heat, fevers with damage to the yin.
- Cools the Blood, blood in the stool or urine, nosebleeds.
- Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Important point for qi gong healing, can increase internal energy by placing PC 8 on GV 20.
SP 6 Three Yin Intersection
- Tonify Yin and Blood, all Spleen disorders.
- Digestive disorders, sinking/prolapse.
- Gynecological issues, male sexual issues, difficult labor (expel fetus).
- Menstrual issues (irregular, amenorrhea, dysmenorrhea).
- Bleeding disorders, uterine bleeding, cool blood in hot skin diseases.
- Insomnia, palpitations, and other anxiety related emotions.
- Dizziness, hypertension.
How To Learn More About Tam Healing and Tong Ren Therapy?
Tam Healing Resources
Tong Ren Therapy is a form of energy healing developed by the prominent Boston area acupuncturist and healer, Master Tom Tam. Tong Ren was originally developed to aid in the treatment of cancer, but has been extended to treat a broad range of conditions.
Live video broadcasts and local healing classes are now offered around the world. Our live video class is offered weekly and offers a function for submitting healing requests, others are available at tongrenstation.com. A complete list of classes in your area can be found within this Tong Ren Classes listing.